Greg LeMond has received more publicity than 16 Tour Teams!

Ronde Champ

Guest
Hey,

from the APA wire:

In a survey of international media outlets, 3-time Tour de France
Champion Greg LeMond has received more publicity during the 2004
French bicycle race than 16 of the 21 teams racing.

When asked about the exposure for a cyclist who last won 14 years
ago, and retired a decade ago, LeMond was quoted as saying, "I have a
brand name to promote. I sell bicycles, cycling apparel, spin cycles,
and various other cycling related items. As CEO, it is my purpose to
maximize the exposure we receive, especially during this current Tour,
when the world's attention is tuned into the race lead by a courageous
young Frenchman, and featuring the storyline of Lance Armstrong vying
for his record sixth title."

Thank you,
Ronde Champ

"Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> from the APA wire:
>
> In a survey of international media outlets, 3-time Tour de France
> Champion Greg LeMond has received more publicity during the 2004
> French bicycle race than 16 of the 21 teams racing.
>
> When asked about the exposure for a cyclist who last won 14 years
> ago, and retired a decade ago, LeMond was quoted as saying, "I have a
> brand name to promote. I sell bicycles, cycling apparel, spin cycles,
> and various other cycling related items. As CEO, it is my purpose to
> maximize the exposure we receive, especially during this current Tour,
> when the world's attention is tuned into the race lead by a courageous
> young Frenchman, and featuring the storyline of Lance Armstrong vying
> for his record sixth title."
>

> Thank you,
> Ronde Champ

Close, but I believe it doesn't stop with Lemond...

http://tinyurl.com/5vqp9