greg lemond theory

On Nov 30, 1:38 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> Jim Flom wrote:
> > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote...

> >>LeMond did in fact ride in the Giro when he won the Tour in his coomeback
> >>year of 1989. If you recall, he got like 2nd in the Giro time trial, but
> >>up until that time was having a miserable Giro, most likely because he was
> >>a bit overweight and underraced.

> >>EPO wasn't even in use back then, so what drugs was he doing?

> > Amphetimines were widely used back then.

> My questions was: what drugs was GREG LeMOND doing? Anybody can name
> drugs that existed. Proving LeMond used them is completely different,
> not to mention futile.
>
> To even attempt to insinuate one can link LeMond to amphetamines 15
> years ago is a silly exercise of meaningless supposition.
>
> Magilla

Are you suggesting Lemond used suppositions?

On Nov 30, 11:31 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:

> >>I use to think that too until I listened to the phone call LeMond
> >>surreptitiously recorded between him and Lance's Oaklay agent Stephanie
> >>McIlvain where McIlvain clearly indicated she heard Lance admit to using
> >> drugs in that hospital room. She has no motive to lie about her bread
> >>and butter client.

> >>She also implicated Hincapie in being a big-time doper and said his baby
> >>would probably turn out deformed from all the drugs he did. It was
> >>pretty funny stuff.

> >>Prior to hearing that phone call, LeMond came across as a jealous
> >>bagpipe. After listening to it, LeMond comes across as a one-man
> >>Woodward & Bernstein show.

> > Lemond is a jealous bagpipe who is lucky he didn't dope when he could
> > be caught-- can't ride in the Giro, wins the Tour in the same year?

> > Give us a break.

> > If the guy next to you can dope with little-to-no fear of being
> > caught, the fault is with the rule makers.

> > "Cleansing Sport for corporate sponsorship". Go Enron! --D-y

> LeMond did in fact ride in the Giro when he won the Tour in his
> coomeback year of 1989. If you recall, he got like 2nd in the Giro time
> trial, but up until that time was having a miserable Giro, most likely
> because he was a bit overweight and underraced.

Or, it was time to start his dope regimen for the Tour.

> EPO wasn't even in use back then, so what drugs was he doing?

Even Greg doesn't know for sure what drugs he was doing.

> Also, even if LeMond were jealous, that doesn't nullify the content of
> the phone call with McIlvain.

There's a lot of "stuff" out there.

> You sound like you're just ****** off because Floyd got caught.

Actually, my point is that when "we knew xyz was doping" is uttered by
the head dope hunter, then anyone who fits the doper profile is as
good as a doper.

Remember, they all deny it.

I am ****** off at the way this was handled. --D-y

On Nov 30, 12:31 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> LeMond did in fact ride in the Giro when he won the Tour in his
> coomeback year of 1989. If you recall, he got like 2nd in the Giro time
> trial, but up until that time was having a miserable Giro, most likely
> because he was a bit overweight and underraced.
>
> EPO wasn't even in use back then, so what drugs was he doing?

dumbass,

it was the cusp. johannes draaijer on PDM (lemond's old team) raced in
the '89 tour and when he died in feb. 1990 his widow said he was
taking EPO.

this doesn't prove anything about lemond and it's not that hard to
ibelieve that he raced himself into shape during the giro.

[email protected] wrote:

> On Nov 30, 12:31 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>LeMond did in fact ride in the Giro when he won the Tour in his
>>coomeback year of 1989. If you recall, he got like 2nd in the Giro time
>>trial, but up until that time was having a miserable Giro, most likely
>>because he was a bit overweight and underraced.
>>
>>EPO wasn't even in use back then, so what drugs was he doing?
>>

> dumbass,
>
> it was the cusp. johannes draaijer on PDM (lemond's old team) raced in
> the '89 tour and when he died in feb. 1990 his widow said he was
> taking EPO.
>
> this doesn't prove anything about lemond and it's not that hard to
> ibelieve that he raced himself into shape during the giro.

EPO might have been used by some riders back then, but it wasn't
widespread until around 92-94, I think. Chiapucci was probably on it.

It is very unlikely LeMond would have used it in 1990 when we know he
didn't use it in 85, 86, or 89. Generally, if you win the Tour 2 times
and get second once, you pretty much stick with that program.

I think the real question here is what did Roche take in '87? The
triple still hasn't been repeated. Roche must have been enrolled in the
clinical trials of Aranesp when he did that.

Thanks,

Magilla

In article <[email protected]>,
MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> Jim Flom wrote:
> > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote...
> >
> >>LeMond did in fact ride in the Giro when he won the Tour in his coomeback
> >>year of 1989. If you recall, he got like 2nd in the Giro time trial, but
> >>up until that time was having a miserable Giro, most likely because he was
> >>a bit overweight and underraced.
> >>
> >>EPO wasn't even in use back then, so what drugs was he doing?

> > Amphetimines were widely used back then.
> >

> My questions was: what drugs was GREG LeMOND doing?

He was doing all of them. What do you think?

--
Michael Press

On Nov 30, 1:23 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> LemonD did the absolute right thing - the smart thing - with Stephanie
> McIlvain. Now there are 3 people who said they heard Lance admit to
> using drugs in that hospital room.

Dumbass -

I'm sorry.

Gaining someone's trust, taping a conversation w/out their knowledge,
then making it public is not right.

I'm sure some of your friends have done things that are wrong. Perhaps
you should get them to talk about it on tape, then put it on youtube.

My guess is that the rest of your friends would be impressed enough to
never tell you anything in confidence.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> On Nov 30, 1:23 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>LemonD did the absolute right thing - the smart thing - with Stephanie
>>McIlvain. Now there are 3 people who said they heard Lance admit to
>>using drugs in that hospital room.

> Dumbass -
>

> I'm sorry.
>
> Gaining someone's trust, taping a conversation w/out their knowledge,
> then making it public is not right.
>
> I'm sure some of your friends have done things that are wrong. Perhaps
> you should get them to talk about it on tape, then put it on youtube.
>
> My guess is that the rest of your friends would be impressed enough to
> never tell you anything in confidence.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

LeMond only tape recorded the phone call because Lance and his clique
were trying to ruin his bike business with Trek and spread bad rumors
about him. Under these circumstances, he was completely justitifed in
protecting his business interests from people who he felt might be
sabotaging him.

He also did it to gather intel against Lance (and not to gather damaging
information against Stephanie). So I think you misunderstood LeMond's
motives.

And when Stephanie McIlvain had an opportunity to tell the truth in the
SCA hearing to implicate Lance, and lied for Lance - LeMond was 100%
justified in releasing the tape.

Without that tape, the Lance camp would have callled LeMond a liar.

Stephanie McIlvain wasn't a close friend of Greg's - she was a business
aquaintenance. And if she were such a close of friend of leMond's - as
you say - then why did she lie and thereby knowingly make LeMond appear
to be dishonest?

I am convinced LeMond did the right thing.

Magilla

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> LeMond only tape recorded the phone call because Lance and his clique were
> trying to ruin his bike business with Trek and spread bad rumors about
> him. Under these circumstances, he was completely justitifed in
> protecting his business interests from people who he felt might be
> sabotaging him.
>
> He also did it to gather intel against Lance (and not to gather damaging
> information against Stephanie). So I think you misunderstood LeMond's
> motives.
>
> And when Stephanie McIlvain had an opportunity to tell the truth in the
> SCA hearing to implicate Lance, and lied for Lance - LeMond was 100%
> justified in releasing the tape.
>
> Without that tape, the Lance camp would have callled LeMond a liar.
>
> Stephanie McIlvain wasn't a close friend of Greg's - she was a business
> aquaintenance. And if she were such a close of friend of leMond's - as
> you say - then why did she lie and thereby knowingly make LeMond appear to
> be dishonest?
>
> I am convinced LeMond did the right thing.

I agree, although I cringed when she asked him if he was recording it and he
said no. There's a lot of lying going around and certainly his is pretty
mild compared to the rest.

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

Mark Fennell wrote:
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>>LeMond only tape recorded the phone call because Lance and his clique were
>>trying to ruin his bike business with Trek and spread bad rumors about
>>him. Under these circumstances, he was completely justitifed in
>>protecting his business interests from people who he felt might be
>>sabotaging him.
>>
>>He also did it to gather intel against Lance (and not to gather damaging
>>information against Stephanie). So I think you misunderstood LeMond's
>>motives.
>>
>>And when Stephanie McIlvain had an opportunity to tell the truth in the
>>SCA hearing to implicate Lance, and lied for Lance - LeMond was 100%
>>justified in releasing the tape.
>>
>>Without that tape, the Lance camp would have callled LeMond a liar.
>>
>>Stephanie McIlvain wasn't a close friend of Greg's - she was a business
>>aquaintenance. And if she were such a close of friend of leMond's - as
>>you say - then why did she lie and thereby knowingly make LeMond appear to
>>be dishonest?
>>
>>I am convinced LeMond did the right thing.
>>

> I agree, although I cringed when she asked him if he was recording it and he
> said no. There's a lot of lying going around and certainly his is pretty
> mild compared to the rest.
>
> Mark
> http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

Did you hear the part where she said George Hincapie's baby was probably
going to be born deformed from all the drugs he did?

I was also surpised to hear that Lance had a falling out with Oakley
over the private jet. Lance comes across as a guy who keeps score and
gives payback for every slight.

That was classic stuff, man.

Magilla

On Dec 1, 8:52 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > On Nov 30, 1:23 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>LemonD did the absolute right thing - the smart thing - with Stephanie
> >>McIlvain. Now there are 3 people who said they heard Lance admit to
> >>using drugs in that hospital room.

> > Dumbass -

> > I'm sorry.

> > Gaining someone's trust, taping a conversation w/out their knowledge,
> > then making it public is not right.

> > I'm sure some of your friends have done things that are wrong. Perhaps
> > you should get them to talk about it on tape, then put it on youtube.

> > My guess is that the rest of your friends would be impressed enough to
> > never tell you anything in confidence.

> > thanks,

> > K. Gringioni.

> LeMond only tape recorded the phone call because Lance and his clique
> were trying to ruin his bike business with Trek and spread bad rumors
> about him. Under these circumstances, he was completely justitifed in
> protecting his business interests from people who he felt might be
> sabotaging him.

Dumbass -

Do you see Eddy Merckx going after Johann Museeuw? Bernard Hinault
saying anything about Richard Virenque? Miguel Indurain taping
conversations w/ associates of Iban Mayo?

We don't see that because those guys retired gracefully. Hinault and
Merckx have remained in the bike racing biz and have stayed above the
fray.

LemonD? He stuck it in his own ass. He's a tool.

And no, I don't think LANCE is clean. I don't think bike racing in
general is clean. I do think LemonD is a tool.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

On Dec 2, 12:20 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Whew. That was pretty good. Point stands, though. "Good for the
> goose", etc. Lemond's miracle comeback, from riding like **** to
> winning in such a short time, complete with "medical explanation" is t-
> totally Doper Profile. "They all doped", and Lemond beat them, so not
> only did Lemond dope, he doped more and better. Well-- that's the
> essence of the accusation against Armstrong, is it not?

no, the hospital room confession, and a growing pile of circumstantial
evidence.

> Can you tell
> me that Lemond knows for sure what was in his bloodstream?
> As for Pound, his reaction to Marion Jones' rightfully calling his a
> "kangaroo court" was (approx.) "That young woman better be careful or
> we will take all her medals away." That's "we know she was doping" in
> a most public and threatening way. Maybe not frivolous, and the fact
> that he turned out to be correct doesn't make it OK, either.

there was circumstantial evidence against her, but the evidence wasn't
enough to start a doping case. she was 'caught' not by the gov.
bodies, but because she was afraid to lie to the prosecutor.

if she lied it would've been a criminal matter, not a simply a
sporting infraction.

> Does it bother you maybe just a little that LNDD's bad
> Landis test was backed up by some fine and thorough ass-covering retro-
> testing? When "problems with chain of control" were found IRT Landis'
> specimens?

That argument was not one presented by Landis' defense team

On Dec 1, 8:34 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> Miguel Indurain....Delgado, Mayo, Heras...what a disgrace. The fact
> that Indurain doesn't speak badly of his convicted Spanish boys says a
> lot about what Indurain thinks about doping.
>
> LemonD is definitely jealous of Lance. There's little doubt about that.

Oh yeah. That's what I don't like about his little crusade. He claims
he's doing it for racing, but that's a load of crock. The extreme era
of EPO abuse came before LANCE won a grand tour.

> According to your metric, Lance is more of a tool for going after people
> who he feels slighted him - like trying to get Franke Andreu fired from
> his Tour gig on OLN for asking an "unauthorized question."

LANCE isn't exactly a saint himself. I agree, he's extremely
vindictive. But, IMO, his behavior pales in comparison to LemonD's.

One of the reasons I dislike LemonD so much is I used to really look
up to that guy. He's been incredibly disappointing. What a small
little person he is. LANCE? I never had any illusions about him. He
always seemed to be an arrogant ****, so when he turned out to be one,
it was par for the course.

Obviously, your mileage may vary.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

On Dec 1, 9:51 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> So I ask you to give me one example where Pound slandered someone and
> you come up with Marion Jones? For the record, Marion Jones was the
> only athlete in Olympic history that had to return 3 gold medals, all
> her prize money, and is now going to federal prison.

Dumbass -

So what. There've been thousands of cheaters before her.

Quite a bit of it state-sponsored.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> On Dec 1, 9:51 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>So I ask you to give me one example where Pound slandered someone and
>>you come up with Marion Jones? For the record, Marion Jones was the
>>only athlete in Olympic history that had to return 3 gold medals, all
>>her prize money, and is now going to federal prison.

> Dumbass -
>

> So what. There've been thousands of cheaters before her.
>
> Quite a bit of it state-sponsored.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

What does this obvious declaration have to do with **** Pound? The
issue was: Who did **** Pound condemn without proof, not dopers
throughout the history of the Olympics.

**** Pound's job only existed since 2000.

Magilla

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> On Dec 1, 8:34 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Miguel Indurain....Delgado, Mayo, Heras...what a disgrace. The fact
>>that Indurain doesn't speak badly of his convicted Spanish boys says a
>>lot about what Indurain thinks about doping.
>>
>>LemonD is definitely jealous of Lance. There's little doubt about that.

> Oh yeah. That's what I don't like about his little crusade. He claims
> he's doing it for racing, but that's a load of crock. The extreme era
> of EPO abuse came before LANCE won a grand tour.
>

>>According to your metric, Lance is more of a tool for going after people
>>who he feels slighted him - like trying to get Franke Andreu fired from
>>his Tour gig on OLN for asking an "unauthorized question."

> LANCE isn't exactly a saint himself. I agree, he's extremely
> vindictive. But, IMO, his behavior pales in comparison to LemonD's.
>
> One of the reasons I dislike LemonD so much is I used to really look
> up to that guy. He's been incredibly disappointing. What a small
> little person he is. LANCE? I never had any illusions about him. He
> always seemed to be an arrogant ****, so when he turned out to be one,
> it was par for the course.
>
> Obviously, your mileage may vary.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

-----------

LemonD's behavior is actually less egregious. LemonD simply gives
quotes to the press when they call his house, whereas Lance picks up his
cell phone and makes phone calls with the intent to get people fired.

And people in the industry are usually so shallow and spineless they do
whatever Lance wants.

Magilla

On Dec 2, 7:17 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > On Dec 1, 8:34 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>Miguel Indurain....Delgado, Mayo, Heras...what a disgrace. The fact
> >>that Indurain doesn't speak badly of his convicted Spanish boys says a
> >>lot about what Indurain thinks about doping.

> >>LemonD is definitely jealous of Lance. There's little doubt about that.

> > Oh yeah. That's what I don't like about his little crusade. He claims
> > he's doing it for racing, but that's a load of crock. The extreme era
> > of EPO abuse came before LANCE won a grand tour.

> >>According to your metric, Lance is more of a tool for going after people
> >>who he feels slighted him - like trying to get Franke Andreu fired from
> >>his Tour gig on OLN for asking an "unauthorized question."

> > LANCE isn't exactly a saint himself. I agree, he's extremely
> > vindictive. But, IMO, his behavior pales in comparison to LemonD's.

> > One of the reasons I dislike LemonD so much is I used to really look
> > up to that guy. He's been incredibly disappointing. What a small
> > little person he is. LANCE? I never had any illusions about him. He
> > always seemed to be an arrogant ****, so when he turned out to be one,
> > it was par for the course.

> > Obviously, your mileage may vary.

> > thanks,

> > K. Gringioni.

> -----------
>
> LemonD's behavior is actually less egregious.

Dumbass -

LemonD should've just stayed out of it all. But he was too jealous.

In the end, what good did he do? Nothing. Everything would've happened
the same w/out him. He only succeeded in bringing down his own image.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

On Nov 30, 12:31 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:

> >>I use to think that too until I listened to the phone call LeMond
> >>surreptitiously recorded between him and Lance's Oaklay agent Stephanie
> >>McIlvain where McIlvain clearly indicated she heard Lance admit to using
> >> drugs in that hospital room. She has no motive to lie about her bread
> >>and butter client.

> >>She also implicated Hincapie in being a big-time doper and said his baby
> >>would probably turn out deformed from all the drugs he did. It was
> >>pretty funny stuff.

> >>Prior to hearing that phone call, LeMond came across as a jealous
> >>bagpipe. After listening to it, LeMond comes across as a one-man
> >>Woodward & Bernstein show.

> > Lemond is a jealous bagpipe who is lucky he didn't dope when he could
> > be caught-- can't ride in the Giro, wins the Tour in the same year?

> > Give us a break.

> > If the guy next to you can dope with little-to-no fear of being
> > caught, the fault is with the rule makers.

> > "Cleansing Sport for corporate sponsorship". Go Enron! --D-y

> LeMond did in fact ride in the Giro when he won the Tour in his
> coomeback year of 1989. If you recall, he got like 2nd in the Giro time
> trial, but up until that time was having a miserable Giro, most likely
> because he was a bit overweight and underraced.
>
> EPO wasn't even in use back then, so what drugs was he doing?
>
> Also, even if LeMond were jealous, that doesn't nullify the content of
> the phone call with McIlvain.
>
> You sound like you're just ****** off because Floyd got caught.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla- Hide quoted text -

hey, talkin' literally, b vitamins and iron means b vitamins and
iron. what about not so literally, and more primitive than epo.

Still no responses from greg or "anyone else" in my email.

Vagilla, buddy:

Also, the fix for anemia is actually iron injections. EPO wouldn't
have
even worked that quickly (it takes over a week for EPO to work), so
we
can rule out EPO injection for the Giro time trial performance.

Iron injections are going to work that fast? was his crit documented
or just his hemoglobin?

My theory is still holding.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> On Dec 2, 7:17 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

>>>Oh yeah. That's what I don't like about his little crusade. He claims
>>>he's doing it for racing, but that's a load of crock. The extreme era
>>>of EPO abuse came before LANCE won a grand tour.

>>>LANCE isn't exactly a saint himself. I agree, he's extremely
>>>vindictive. But, IMO, his behavior pales in comparison to LemonD's.

>>>One of the reasons I dislike LemonD so much is I used to really look
>>>up to that guy. He's been incredibly disappointing. What a small
>>>little person he is. LANCE? I never had any illusions about him. He
>>>always seemed to be an arrogant ****, so when he turned out to be one,
>>>it was par for the course.

>>>Obviously, your mileage may vary.

>>>thanks,

>>>K. Gringioni.

>>-----------
>>
>>LemonD's behavior is actually less egregious.

> Dumbass -
>

> LemonD should've just stayed out of it all. But he was too jealous.
>
> In the end, what good did he do? Nothing. Everything would've happened
> the same w/out him. He only succeeded in bringing down his own image.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

LemonD succeeded in recording a phone call with Stephanie McIlvain, one
of Lance's closest business agents. She has NO REASON to lie about him.

Yet she admitted she heard LA say in that hospital room he took banned
substances for years.

This is huge circumstantial evidence. It would send most people to jail
if it were the only evidence in a criminal trial.

LemonD did stay out of it - he simply gave quotes to newspaper reporters
who called him up and asked him what his thoughts were. It was LA (and
then Floyd) who called him, the former trying to get Trek to dump his
bike business. That's when LemonD started to retaliate.

LA woke a sleeping tiger and as a result the public now has the
Stephanie McIlvain phone call. That phone call is very telling because
it comes from a person who has no reason to lie about Lance (and in fact
has motive to lie to protect him).

So now we know what happened in that hospital room thanks to a jealous,
tool LemonD.

Magilla

gym.gravity wrote:

> Vagilla, buddy:
>
> Also, the fix for anemia is actually iron injections. EPO wouldn't
> have
> even worked that quickly (it takes over a week for EPO to work), so
> we
> can rule out EPO injection for the Giro time trial performance.
>
> Iron injections are going to work that fast? was his crit documented
> or just his hemoglobin?
>
> My theory is still holding.

You don't even know what LeMond's hemoglobin or iron levels were (and
neither does he), so your premise that he was anemic is little more than
a guess.

Why would you put stock into a self-diagnosis by LeMond - a guy who
claimed he had to quit because of some bizarre blood disease that we all
know he didn't have.

Years later, he claims the real reason he couldn't keep up was because
everyone was using EPO, thereby invalidating the "symptoms" for his
so-called mitochondrial blood disease.

So, no, your theory means nothing. For all we know, LeMond was just
tired or had low blood sugar.

Magilla