Greipel vs. Cavendish.

tonyzackery said:
LOL!
I'll be patiently holding my breath waiting for you to post up that pic - as I have been for the past year or so...LOL!

All that 'holding your breath' still hasn't from stop you from spewing forth lots of hot air...

;)

swampy1970 said:
All that 'holding your breath' still hasn't from stop you from spewing forth lots of hot air...

;)

LOL! If I was in your position, that'd be the best I could do as well...your problem is that you're such an easy target, and honestly, sometimes I feel guilty bootin' you around this forum all the time...

tonyzackery said:
LOL! If I was in your position, that'd be the best I could do as well...your problem is that you're such an easy target, and honestly, sometimes I feel guilty bootin' you around this forum all the time...

Delusional as well...
... been taking your meds recently?

Thought of any other sprinters who you're going to render useless by entering them into the "Tony Z dead career pool"? With his recent results you might as well pick Tyler Farrar.

tonyzackery said:
Copy and paste:

uh, post the pic with race number on big boy...

Make like your bud Chapeau and Google Search it. ;)

... and big boy? Last time I looked I'm not the one with an aero profile similar to a big rig.

Nice to see your only comeback is "Copy and paste... show me yours and I'll show you mine." The shorter summers up there must stunt brain development.

-1600 watts and can't win a Cat3 sprint
-College education and all you can come up with is "show me yours....post your pic"
-Can't pick a winner to save his life.

Failing 3 for 3 bud...

Who did you pick for the first bunch gallop of the Vuelta, Kim Jong-il ?

Copy and paste:

uh, post the pic with race number on big boy...

yawn...

LOL! and smart enough to not be jerked around like a muppet unlike one einstein of a forum member who shall remain anonomous...:D

swampy1970 said:
... twiddling ones thumbs. You mean getting ready for the Vuelta aka another Grand Tour that Griepel wasn't asked to ride. ;)

Hmmm, the 'dish still "getting ready for the Vuelta"?? LOL! Keep tryin' Mark, you'll get to that top step soon enough - maybe...;)

The 'dish better see to it that Renshaw gets a big raise for 2011...

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy1970 . ... twiddling ones thumbs. You mean getting ready for the Vuelta aka another Grand Tour that Griepel wasn't asked to ride. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif
Hmmm, the 'dish still "getting ready for the Vuelta"?? LOL! Keep tryin' Mark, you'll get to that top step soon enough - maybe.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

The 'dish better see to it that Renshaw gets a big raise for 2011...

3 stages and counting in the Vuelta...
... I'd say that's more than "ready".

8 GT stages this year. Not a bad haul.

I'm sure the sideways victory pose has Cavendish worried...
... since the only victory Andre is gonna get in Oz is being the first out of his own bed.

HTC are fielding the "leadout train from hell" - Eisel, Grabsch, Pate, Goss and Renshaw...
The last two had been lead out guys for Greipel last year in a couple of races and end they ended up dropping Greipel on the leadout.

It should be interesting to see if Cav is going to try and make up for last years rather craptacular start to the year.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

... since the only victory Andre is gonna get in Oz is being the first out of his own bed.
Does this mean Graeme Brown is not alone!

Originally Posted by steve .

Does this mean Graeme Brown is not alone!
The thing is, Brown can hold onto his leadout guys back wheels - he was on a world record setting team pursuit squad... he just can't finish the job off.

Sure Greipel has a few stage wins in the Vuelta - but there were no big sprinters there in 2009. He got his 2010 Giro stage win after all the sprinters had quit and after he missed the time cut a couple of days before - just like half of the peloton - but the Italians being the softies they are let him back in the race. His other big stage race stage win was when Cav blocked for him...

But it should be interesting to see who has the legs in HTC. Renshaw and Goss have proved their worth when needed when Greipel failed the team in mid season classics and the Giro. Goss's Giro stage win was epic - he was looking around to see where Greipel was and though fcuk it and nailed it for the win.

Nice swimming section mid stage :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnQyhqqOt_o

Can Pate do a lead out? I know he has heaps of grunt, but can he mix it at the pointy end when the fighting for a wheel is happening? I don't know if he can or not, but some riders sht themselves in the bunch sprints.

Brown.... I saw a Giro stage where Cipo and Petacchi's trains rode him (and admittedly almost everyone else) off the wheel on a tricky run in. Damn they were going.

I see his form is good enough to get the same number of wins as Greipel. ;)

Strange how my prediction that someone like Goss would, just like in the Giro, would take Greipel for a stage win. Goss's ride to get back on after a flat about 15 minutes out from the finish and nab a top 3 was ace.

Agreed. Not much difference in effort from 2nd and 130th - makes perfect sense too; if you're not going to win, might as well finish in the broomwagon...save some energy for the following day... good one, and smart racing Marky Mark...

In a race that he's been dragged to the finish by a crack leadout train and won a fair few stages of the TDU in previous years, I think Greipels new team is expecting a few pictures of their new rider in the new kit throwing a few victory salutes. 2nd, 130th - all losers. The only difference is that 2nd pays more... But when you've got a guy leading the overall and winning stages then HTC ain't gonna be griping to much about Cav. Given Cavs form the past couple of years in January, I think he's actually up on schedule... I reckon Goss is going to go from strength to strength and achieve better results in all the races leading upto the Tour - including a stage win or three at the Giro. The lad is in fine form. He's got the legs, a great sense of presense in the bunch and a big huge pair of hair cojones when he needs to dive for tiny spots. The only sprinter that has impressed me more in recent years is Cav during the Tour. Goss reminds me of Vanderaerden when he started to make a name for himself but without the talent for hooking bars or dealing a fine uppercut after the finish line. Conversely, Greipel might have the horsepower but he needs a pan flat, dead straight road and delivered to the last 100 with surgical precision....