Greipel vs. Cavendish.

Originally Posted by pennstater .

I was wondering when this thread was going to get bumped again -- refusing to succumb to obscurity like so many others.

Yeah, I know what ya' mean in a way, although I surely knew he'd start up again at some point.
Obviously, some individuals just don't have complete control of their faculties. At this point (going on almost 3yrs of the silliness), it's a very sad commentary on the weakness of the human psyche.

Anyway, by today's comment to revive this thread I must take it that Cavendish won??

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Anyway, by today's comment to revive this thread I must take it that Cavendish won??
Stage 3 will hopefully give us something more to talk about /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by steve .

Stage 3 will hopefully give us something more to talk about /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

I'll take that as a "No, Cav didn't win". Thanks, Steve...
In fact, checking the results Cav finished behind Griepel - not that I really care about where either of them placed.

More importantly, I got my own sprinting during races to be more concerned with than being a fanboy in 2011...Nonetheless, I would've liked to see them go head-to-head several years ago...

edit: typo

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

I'll take that as a "No, Cav didn't win". Thanks, Steve...
In fact, checking the results Cav finished behind Griepel - not that I really care about where either of them placed.

More importantly, I got my own sprinting during races to be more concerned with than being a fanboy in 2011...Nonetheless, I would've liked to see them go head-to-head several years ago...

edit: typo
Hey, Gripes has to get a first place in something when all the top sprinters are around... The lad managed it this time ;)

If you cared to read a bit more you'd know that they went head to head quite often during their first year with T-Mobile.

Races like Scheldeprijs, Greipel was assigned the entire team to lead him out whilst Cav had himself and whomever had already done their bit for Andrei and still had the legs. Needless to say, Cav won. In the Tour that year, Greipel was given the star treatment for the first couple of sprint stages, where Cav dropped him on the leadout. Needless to say that didn't happen much longer - order reversed, Cav started winning.

As I said many many pages ago - it was never a contest.

Cav > Greipel.

I highly doubt Cav with get it on stage 3 - for some reason it always takes a few more stages in a Grand Tour for him to get his head around things although he was back riding like a trackie possesed in the team time trial today. It was like watching him on the boards again. Thor looks the goods and will no doubt be highly motivated... although if that new German kid that HTC have was on the Tour team that's been winning a boat load of races recently I'd put my cash on him.

Fanboy - I'll never get too old. Cycling - it's not only when you sit on the saddle...

Greipel went Ok on this stage, perhaps one of his better results? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Seeing as this thread went stale for me awhile ago, I'll leave it for you two to play amongst yourselves - enjoy.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif.

Furthermore, Farrar showed his rearend to both your subjects today - gotta love it, right? LOL!

end.

Originally Posted by john gault .

So I guess it's official -- Cavendish is the winner.
LOL!

Of what? Did they race several years ago at the time when this thread was actually relevant? I must've missed it, so please post the results. Thanks for your cooperation...

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

I don't have to say ANYTHING.

But you know I'm gloating! LOL!

Nice finish today, Andre!

Haven't seen the footage of the stage but this should up the ante a bit... The photos make it look like it was an old school dragrace finish. Nice. Despite not being a 'fanboi' I knew Toni would be on here within 3miliseconds :) 2-1 to Cav in this Tour. 17-1 to Cav in Tour stage wins. Tomorrow is the last flat day before the mountains. To Lavaur we go...

LOL! All too easy to make the puppet dance.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif Gotta love it! LOL!

Head-to-head drag race with no lead-out train? I rest my case.

It'll be interesting to read Cav's comments on today's stage.
Will he man-up, or dribble out some whining?? I suspect the latter...

I was delighted for Grepeil today.

Don't get me wrong I admire Cavendish's sprinting ability but the lad is a ********.

Paul Kimmage''s article on Cavendish in last weeks Sunset Times was very good. Worth reading if you can get to read it.

Originally Posted by limerickman .

Eisel did a lot of spade work for Cav as did Renshaw today also
True enough. While you're at it, some guy named Goss also sold-out for Cav too...

limerickman said:
Eisel did a lot of spade work for Cav as did Renshaw today also
... Like lotto just sat on their arses yesterday and Gilbert trying to force everyone's hand. ;) Strange how everyone forgets last years Tour where Cav picked up a few stage wins after Renshaw was booted for defending his line... And wasn't it the same train that pretty much got Greipel all his wins in 2009 and 2010 to be one of the most "winningest" cyclist during those years in smaller races? Things have been a little sparse this year for Andrei. Wasn't this one his first bunch sprint win - the others being either in breaks or solo? Cav is ace because he tells it how he sees it and seems to genuinely seem thankfully for the work his teammates do. Maybe his attitude is about 15 years too late what with all the politically correct BS that goes on these day. Refreshing. The lad never seems to go well in the sprints in the first couple of stages or after a rest day which always makes for an ace end of tour when his wins become very very impressive. Back to the Tony and Lim "rag on the Brit cause he's winning" show. ;) I guess it'll be rag on Contador time now, huh? Dog turds > whinging liberals > high fibre cereals other than all bran > Paul Kimmage.