Greipel vs. Cavendish.

Andrija said:
Hey Tony, Swampy...
Are you starting in Tour of California?
I've heard that several regional teams are filling the start list there.

No?!
Why the hell are you arguing then in Professional Cycling section?

You two are kinky!

My daughter once said something to the effect of "it takes one to know one"...seems kinda appropriate here...:D

tonyzackery said:
My daughter once said something to the effect of "it takes one to know one"...seems kinda appropriate here...:D
No, no... Wait...
Similar discussion of yours was shut down in other thread. When you can't do it there, you're doing it here. You just don't care about time and place, you have to do it - it's kinky!

Andrija said:
No, no... Wait...
Similar discussion of yours was shut down in other thread. When you can't do it there, you're doing it here. You just don't care about time and place, you have to do it - it's kinky!

Wake up and smell the coffee, junior...

The troll came around pickin' at me again so I felt obliged to beat 'em down some more - nothing more, nothing less...go check the scorecard if you need to...;)

steve said:
So, it looks like Griepel is no match for anyone :eek:

... not even his lead out guy

Apparently he's contracted Armstrongs' "stomach bug" and is losing power in the finale. Yeah, whatever...

He tankin' it purposely. It's all just a ploy to get released by Columbia/Stapleton sooner than later:D...

tonyzackery said:
Wake up and smell the coffee, junior...

The troll came around pickin' at me again so I felt obliged to beat 'em down some more - nothing more, nothing less...go check the scorecard if you need to...;)

Sorry dude, your score card got filled up with DNFs. I guess those tally up pretty quick when all you can manage is 4 laps of a town center somewhere.

Word has it that your Cat 4 license is so old that the stone tablet it was issued on is suffering from natural errosion.

I guess it makes a mockery of things when I'll get more racing miles in during the Everest than you will in all your races all season and more climbing than you'll do during races all decade.

My kid doesn't need her training wheels anymore. If you put them on your bike and adjust properly they'll still allow the amount of lean that you normally encounter mid corner. When you hit 2 degrees from vertical they'll add that bit of extra confidence that you'll need to unleash that claimed 1800 watts. At least the bottom of your pedals will stay pristine and unscathed.

Maybe you should lay off the pizza but lean over further than the leaning tower of Pisa mid-corner....

Mind you Cipo reputedly had 1900 watts and Petacchi 1700watts so how you don't clean the floor at every race (claimed FTP 360 last year) is more of a mystery than the location of Noah's Ark. That kid that rode away from y'all at the finish (for the 4th place 'podium win') must have had a Cav beating 3000watts. Lutz Hesslich would be jealous.

^^^Panties still twisted...

Copy and Paste: A race number and your gut over a top tube in your drops...post the pic(s). Period. You're still nothing but an anonomous pissant...:D

tonyzackery said:
^^^Panties still twisted...

Copy and Paste: A race number and your gut over a top tube in your drops...post the pic(s). Period. You're still nothing but an anonomous pissant...:D

You two bozos have ruined this thread. Thanks.

Cycling superstar Mark Cavendish still living | Sport | The Observer

Watching the chaos of a bunch sprint, it is hard to imagine it is anything other than a lottery. But a few factors work in Cavendish's favour. For one thing, he has short, squat legs that are able to pump out an astonishing 1,600 watts

... and there we have it ladies and gentlemen. Tony Z claims to put out as much power as the body wonder himself in sprints.

Sorry in advance about the naff music and cheesy graphics
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Teh8lbDes]YouTube - Mark Cavendish The Fastest Man On The Planet[/ame]

But back to Greipel. It'd be interesting to see him with Renshaw leading him out... Wait, we did a month ago and Renshaw dropped him in the finale. Matt Goss did the same on the Giro stage 2 and on stage 3 you could sense the frustration as Goss looked over both shoulders, after a picture perfect lead out, only to wonder where the hell Greipel was...

Andrei only had a couple of stages before the big mountains start and if he's gonna be looking for a new contract elsewhere after July then the next couple of days are 'money time'. Put up in the big show or work for peanuts on some second rate Italian team next year.

swampy1970 said:
But back to Greipel. It'd be interesting to see him with Renshaw leading him out... Wait, we did a month ago and Renshaw dropped him in the finale. Matt Goss did the same on the Giro stage 2 and on stage 3 you could sense the frustration as Goss looked over both shoulders, after a picture perfect lead out, only to wonder where the hell Greipel was...

Greipel is a little like G.Brown, can't win outside of Australia ;)

steve said:
Greipel is a little like G.Brown, can't win outside of Australia ;)

Substitute the Tour of Turkey with the Tour of LangKawi and they're still both on par with each other for wins in the "what tour is that again" category.

In a couple of weeks it'll all be irrelevant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggRlbdKM5h0]YouTube - Giro d'Italia 2008 - tappa 16 - Plan de Corones (Kronplatz) - cronometro individuale[/ame]

swampy1970 said:
... and there we have it ladies and gentlemen. Tony Z claims to put out as much power as the body wonder himself in sprints.

like the Energizer Bunny (only fatter) - still going...:D Further evidence I know exactly how to make guys like him dance; just like a puppet master...

You're still nothing but an anonomous pissant that Greipel could drop with only one leg in a sprint...

Copy and Paste: A race number and your gut over a top tube in your drops...post the pic(s). Period.

So Greipel's lead out man wins the stage 9 of the Giro leaving Greipel in 19th place.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Oh dear. Greipel lost another race. Oh my. Greipel's never gonna win another race in his life. The sky is falling Chicken Little...

Give it a rest already. Unlike some, I have no emotional investment in this matter...

Greipel's form is off - so what? Cav won a second string race - so what? My emotions don't hinge on this stuff...Besides, I'm too concerned with my own racing. Can you say the same? I didn't think so...:D

tonyzackery said:
Oh dear. Greipel lost another race....

What's funny is that Greipel *****ed and cried like a baby that he should be at least be on a par with Cav only a matter of weeks ago...

... and as I predicted, wins = 0.

tonyzackery said:
Oh dear. Greipel lost another race. Oh my. Greipel's never gonna win another race in his life.

Greipel's form is off - so what? Cav won a second string race - so what?

Well, seing as you started a thread about Greipel Vs Cavendish - which we'll never see as they made it pretty clear that they would not ride together and Cav has seniority anyway so the train would be his - I would say that posts about their results and form were pretty relevant. Greipel 7th in today's sprint BTW. :D

Yonni said:
Well, seing as you started a thread about Greipel Vs Cavendish - which we'll never see as they made it pretty clear that they would not ride together and Cav has seniority anyway so the train would be his - I would say that posts about their results and form were pretty relevant. Greipel 7th in today's sprint BTW. :D

Judging by this past week - Greipel lost his rail pass... Can't even hold onto his own train.

I wonder if Greipel gets p1ssed that the young pup has been p1ssing all over his bonfire the past couple of seasons.