Greipel vs. Cavendish.

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by tonyzackery, Sep 3, 2009.

1. DancenMacabre

DancenMacabre New Member

I don't look at it as much that Greipel is finished as a sprinter as much as I see it as rather bad timing and wasting a great opportunity for him.

Namely, after MSR he voiced his complaints about not being selected while Cavendish was shelled in that race. What more perfect way to make your point, not just to your own team but to teams that would potentially sign you as their main sprinter, than by going to a grand tour and putting together some quality wins?

He's already proven he can win in bunches in 2nd tier events (TdU and others) but if he wants to be the big "dawg" on a team, then he's going to have to win bigger races...

2. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Didn't you just rehash what I posted back in page2 but with more eloquence and grace? :p

Andrei is discovering that karma really is a b1tch. Maybe the Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team or similar will require a sprinter next year...

3. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

LOL! Well, seeing as this thread was started LAST YEAR and based on their form at that time, it doesn't really seem pretty relevant to this year and each rider's current form - now does it?

4. swampy1970

Yeah Tony... I guess someone dragged this thread (all six posts of it back then) into the New Year with a sack full of sh1t talkin'. I wonder who that could have been. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

;)

Don't worry, he'll be released from his contract... Maybe after he becomes the lead out guy for Goss at the Vuelta. It wasn't too long ago that a certain Gert Steegmans was Boonens leadout man and showed a bit more form one year than his 'boss' did.

Goss seems to have a really good head on his shoulders and an innate sense of awareness in the finale and an almost Renshaw like ability to get his bike where he wants it, not just where others let him put it. If he continues to ride like this I can see HTC paying him a fine wage next year.

5. tonyzackery

blah, blah, blah - Nice attempt to deflect. This thread was a legitimate one until you and your cronies came along to interject your idiocy. I can understand the context of your comments seeing that the only racing you do is from your lazyboy - 'armchair experts', lame to the end...:D

Copy and Paste: A race number and your gut over a top tube in your drops...post the pic(s). Period.

6. swampy1970

Attempt to deflect? Deflect what, the undeniable fact that Greipel isn't delivering to goods and can't even hang with HTC's B train? What the hell chance does he have in beating Cav if he can't even hang onto Goss' wheel?

Period? Wrong sex. Not sure if they told you, it's the fairer sex that has periods.

You do know that dude in my avatar that's in an aero position you could never attain is me, right?

7. tonyzackery

^^^As I've told you many times before, you waxing your nostalgia is even lamer than your critique of current pro racers' shortcomings...

Copy and Paste: A race number and your gut over a top tube in your drops...post the pic(s). Period.

8. swampy1970

My critique of pro racers being lame? I'm not the one swinging from the Nutsack of Mr Fail and went about 0 and 15 in picks for this years early season events.

Nostalgia. LOL. When you get a pair big enough to race in an event more than 40 minutes and the biggest hill is riding down the 'ramp' from the parking lot, across the curb onto the road and requires you to put a water bottle on the bike then get back to me big boy. It's all well and good tooting your own horn when you're a mighty mighty Cat3 guy who's figured out how to negotiate 4 corners on roads about 20 yards wide - but how about you go out on a limb and race for more than a whole 60 minutes! I'm sure someone might even have a 20 mile TT for you to ride...

... and that's right, that bike of yours requires you to be testically challenged. The next time you buy a frame, step away from the kiddies section.

I see Matt Goss looked over his shoulder again today to see no Greipel. Observers from the International Space Station noted there was a "sizeable gap" of around 1/2 an hour.

Greipel Giro Win!!!!

First over the start line in todays stage!
    [​IMG]

9. tonyzackery

^^You've got significant personal problems, Bib. You should perhps unplug and untwist. You need to look in the mirror and determine what your issue is with this here black road cyclist. Other than obvious power envy and a racial bias, something is loose and rattling upstairs with you. And I'm being serious here.:cool:

Anyway, Cav gets beat today. So what...

10. Jono L

Jono L Well-Known Member

Ummm que:confused:

11. tonyzackery

The comment doesn't concern you, so don't worry yourself about it. I'll excuse your ignorance of the history involved here...

12. Yonni

Yonni New Member

Could someone please rename this thread Swampy Vs Zackery and stick it in a private forum marked "Get a Room".

Back to business...

Cav isn't looking too hot just now either. Is Sagan riding the Tour this year?

13. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Sagan is the stand out rider this year for me.

Cavendish's antics are getting old and i'm loosing interest.

HD Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team HTC-Columbia
    :rolleyes:

14. swampy1970

He's threatening me with donuts and refuses to do hill rides... A room would never work.

15. swampy1970

Speaking of Greipel - his main lead out man, Goss, called it quits in the Giro today. Maybe he's got the nod from Stapleton that he's riding the Tour.

16. Eldron

Eldron New Member

Good news - a certain someone won a stage at the giro today.

Better news - it isn't 1 April.

Bad news - given the competition at the giro Cav will call this a "sh*tty little race"

:D

17. swampy1970

Don't worry Jono, you're not the only one wondering WTF...
    ... but hey, if he wants to feel like he's being ragged on for his colour then let him feel that way.

I guess he's not figured out that I wind him up because he can only ride 10 times around the block before he starts posting DNF's. In next years schedule he's gonna be trying out those left hand turns too...

TZ probably think that I ragged on Bahatti because he's black too - and not the fact that I ragged on him for complaining like a b1tch when he was involved in a crash.

18. swampy1970

So, Greipel gets a win after taking advantage of:

a) not being thrown out of the race of Stage 11 for missing the cutoff which was set at 39 minutes (he came in with the bunch at 46). Farrar was deducted points and lost his points jersey but oddly noone was sent packing. It'd be interesting to figure out why they weren't culled.

b) most of the other guys who have beaten him thus far posting DNFs or DNS's. Still a win is a win...

Maybe he'll end up at Quickstep next year. Wonder how that'll workout with Boonen.

19. tonyzackery

LOL! The poor dimwit just doesn't know when to give up - like I've said before, guys like him just don't realize their idiocy. Kinda sad, in reality. Just tryin' to save a little face now after having his ass kicked for so long...pathetic nevertheless...

Concerning his racist comments, they're there. I find no need to rehash because he is what he is, but they're easily findable if someone finds the necessity...

Copy and Paste: A race number and your gut over a top tube in your drops...post the pic(s). Period.:D

YEAH, GREIPEL WINS!!!! I'M SO HAPPY AND ECSTATIC!!!! I CAN BREATH NOW!!!! LOL!!!

20. swampy1970

Tony Z,

Continue with the self racial victimization...

Concerning race photos, my entry for the Everest is in and paid for. Where's yours? Oh that's right... there's left hand turns and it's longer than 35 minutes so we won't be seeing you will we.

Besides, you can't climb on a bike that's sized for a 9 year old and has a broom stick length seatpost. ;) You know there's a section in most bike stores for adult sized frames, right?