Grey Koolstop pads

I've been using a pair of the silver/grey Eagle Claws pads on a tandem for
several years. They stop fine and they don't chew bits out of the rims...

"John Ampleforth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> what are the properties of the grey pads?

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:59:44 +1100, Nick Payne typed:

> I've been using a pair of the silver/grey Eagle Claws pads on a tandem for
> several years. They stop fine and they don't chew bits out of the rims...
>
> "John Ampleforth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> what are the properties of the grey pads?

Yeah, they're great! Got a pair on my rerimmed Ladies Raleigh Sports, and
they came off a set of 600 calipers when I put new brakes on another bike.
Extremely long lasting, don't pick up glass, quiet, no residue. Just the
perfect pad. Might be a little harder than the salmon--but they stop
plenty great in the rain.

Mine are the "universal" Continental style. An ebay shop gets me two pairs
shipped for $12 or so.

John Ampleforth wrote:

> what are the properties of the grey pads?

Same as the black ones. Not the same as the Salmon ones.

Chalo

Dan Connelly wrote:
> > what are the properties of the grey pads?

> fromhttp://www.koolstop.com/brakes/index.php:
> # Salmon: for severe weather
> # Black: for regular road conditions
> # Z-Chromium: for ceramic rims

None of the above. The Grey or Silver pads are for "normal" conditions
according to the Kool Stop website.

See:

http://www.koolstop.com/brakes/index.php#Anchor-Completely-14177

and scroll down to "Continemtal."

=====
"Completely molded brake pad and holder
Built in heat sink
Reasonably priced Kool Stop quality and performance
Compounds:
Gray for normal conditions,
Salmon for any riding condition mother nature can throw your way.
Will work for steel or alloy rims because our Kool-Stop compounds are
Rim Friendly ®
=====

I bought two pair of the grey Continental pads on eBay, but haven't
had a chance to try them yet as my Salmon Continentals seem to last
forever.

Art Harris

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:39:41 -0800, Chalo wrote:

> John Ampleforth wrote:
>>
>> what are the properties of the grey pads?

> Same as the black ones. Not the same as the Salmon ones.

That's been my experience too. The salmon are better but the
black/gray/whatever Kool-stops are the next best thing.

Matt O.