Grinding sound from down part of the bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Leon, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Leon

    Leon Guest

    Hi,

    I got a new Giant TCR 2 2002 road bike with 105 Shimano triple components. All bolts and nuts on
    Bottom Bracket, on Crankarms and Pedals, on Crankset have been drawing up; lubricant of good quality
    is applied. But a gnash and a grinding sound still been heard from down part of the bike. I am not
    able to localize the sound exactly, because I have to be on bike and pedal to get this damned sound.

    I check all fasteners many times without any success.

    Please, help me!

    Tags:

  2. leonidrik-<< I got a new Giant TCR 2 2002 road bike with 105 Shimano triple components. All bolts
    and nuts on Bottom Bracket, on Crankarms and Pedals, on Crankset have been drawing up; lubricant of
    good quality is applied. But a gnash and a grinding sound still been heard from down part of the
    bike >><BR><BR>

    Take it back to where you bought it. If they can hear it, they probably can fix
    it. Could simple like a fder adjustment or not like BB that is installed improperly.

  3. Mark Wolfe

    Mark Wolfe Guest

    Do yourself a favor and pull the wheels and check the bearings. I had the same issue, took it back a
    couple times. Shop rechecked bottom bracket, seatpost, pedels. Never looked at the wheels. This was
    a 2000 Cannondale with "CODA" hubs. Took a shop credit for the hubs and built up some
    DA/Open pro wheels. That was 2 years ago, no more sound and the wheels work great. :)

    --
    Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
    8C71 Morton's Law: If rats are experimented upon, they will develop cancer.

  4. Leon

    Leon Guest

    Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
    > leonidrik-<< I got a new Giant TCR 2 2002 road bike with 105 Shimano triple components. All bolts
    > and nuts on Bottom Bracket, on Crankarms and Pedals, on Crankset have been drawing up; lubricant
    > of good quality is applied. But a gnash and a grinding sound still been heard from down part of
    > the bike >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Take it back to where you bought it. If they can hear it, they probably can fix
    > it. Could simple like a fder adjustment or not like BB that is installed improperly.

    There is quite difficult to fly from Sweden to UK with the bike. I did buy the bike from eBay Shop
    Wiki Wiki Wheels (http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/id=71544925 ).

    Thanks for advice anyway.

  5. Leon

    Leon Guest

    Mark Wolfe wrote:

    > Do yourself a favor and pull the wheels and check the bearings. I had the same issue, took it back
    > a couple times. Shop rechecked bottom bracket, seatpost, pedels. Never looked at the wheels. This
    > was a 2000 Cannondale with "CODA" hubs. Took a shop credit for the hubs and built up some
    > DA/Open pro wheels. That was 2 years ago, no more sound and the wheels work great. :)
    >
    > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
    >

    >>leonidrik-<< I got a new Giant TCR 2 2002 road bike with 105 Shimano
    >
    > triple
    >
    >>components. All bolts and nuts on Bottom Bracket, on Crankarms and Pedals, on Crankset have been
    >>drawing up; lubricant of good quality is applied. But a gnash and a grinding sound still been
    >>heard from down part of the bike >><BR><BR>
    >>
    >>Take it back to where you bought it. If they can hear it, they probably
    >
    > can fix
    >
    >>it. Could simple like a fder adjustment or not like BB that is installed improperly.

    Thanks for advice.

    But I hear the sound only when I am pedaling.

  6. Leon <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I got a new Giant TCR 2 2002 road bike with 105 Shimano triple components. All bolts and nuts on
    > Bottom Bracket, on Crankarms and Pedals, on Crankset have been drawing up; lubricant of good
    > quality is applied. But a gnash and a grinding sound still been heard from down part of the bike.
    > I am not able to localize the sound exactly, because I have to be on bike and pedal to get this
    > damned sound.
    >
    > I check all fasteners many times without any success.
    >
    > Please, help me!

    Maybe a longshot, but how about when you stand up? Sometimes the seatpost adjustment points can make
    amazingly loud strange noises while pedaling seated. They transmit around enough that it often seems
    like crankset or even the stem or bars...

    Nick

  7. Leon

    Leon Guest

    Nick Kolodinsky wrote:
    > Leon <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I got a new Giant TCR 2 2002 road bike with 105 Shimano triple components. All bolts and nuts on
    >>Bottom Bracket, on Crankarms and Pedals, on Crankset have been drawing up; lubricant of good
    >>quality is applied. But a gnash and a grinding sound still been heard from down part of the bike.
    >>I am not able to localize the sound exactly, because I have to be on bike and pedal to get this
    >>damned sound.
    >>
    >>I check all fasteners many times without any success.
    >>
    >>Please, help me!
    >

    > Maybe a longshot, but how about when you stand up? Sometimes the seatpost adjustment points can
    > make amazingly loud strange noises while pedaling seated. They transmit around enough that it
    > often seems like crankset or even the stem or bars...
    >

    > Nick
    That is the same when I stand up.