General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Grivel Newmatic bindings

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,916 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 December 2005
Last activity
8 December 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,916
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking for crampons for my new Raichle 60 Degree boots (my first
    pair of winter boots). Grivel G12s with Newmatic bindings look like a
    good choice. I've heard though that the rear clip doesn't hold in very
    well and the strap needs to be tight to hold it in place as the boot
    sole is not stiff enough, so I might as well buy a set with the
    Newclass binding that can be used on any four season boot. I got this
    advice from an outdoors equipment store who don't have stock of the
    Newmatic bindings at the moment. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

  2. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm looking for crampons for my new Raichle 60 Degree boots (my first
    pair of winter boots). Grivel G12s with Newmatic bindings look like a
    good choice. I've heard though that the rear clip doesn't hold in very
    well and the strap needs to be tight to hold it in place as the boot
    sole is not stiff enough, so I might as well buy a set with the
    Newclass binding that can be used on any four season boot. I got this
    advice from an outdoors equipment store who don't have stock of the
    Newmatic bindings at the moment. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

    Newmatic bindings need a B2 boot. They work great on my Mantas.

    Jiffy

  3. Quoted message said:

    I've heard though that the rear clip doesn't hold in very
    well and the strap needs to be tight to hold it in place as the boot
    sole is not stiff enough, so I might as well buy a set with the
    Newclass binding that can be used on any four season boot. I got this
    advice from an outdoors equipment store who don't have stock of the
    Newmatic bindings at the moment. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

    I've been doing a lot of research recently and have never heard this.
    Early models apparently suffered breakage problems, but this has now
    been fixed.
    I've just bought a pair from http://www.theoutdoorshop.com for £79.
    S.

    --
    Oppose ID cards and the database state - sign the pledge at
    http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

  4. Quoted message said:

    I'm looking for crampons for my new Raichle 60 Degree boots (my first
    pair of winter boots). Grivel G12s with Newmatic bindings look like a
    good choice. I've heard though that the rear clip doesn't hold in very
    well and the strap needs to be tight to hold it in place as the boot
    sole is not stiff enough

    According to Raichle's website the boot is "strap crampon
    compatible", which I would interpret off the cuff as not
    necessarily good enough for step-ins, but a bit more research
    suggests the boots are B2 and ought to take New Matics, at least
    according to more than one supplier!

    Having said that, I've got New Classic on my G10s and they're a
    breeze to use so you're not really losing much except a bit of
    packing space.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.