Grizedale Forest, Nr Hawshead

Taywood

Guest
If you feel the need to go there stay away from the car parks near the Visitor Centre, they'll be
full. The reason is the new aerial assault course, 2+ hours of rope bridges tarzan swings, walkways,
nets and slides. Its expensive at £14.50 a go for over 18r olds but you're paying for excess safety
protection, slings and harnesses etc Their Page is www.goape.cc . Looks like fun, almost made me
wish I was young again.

We'd driven two fellow pensioners there today for a slow walk in the sun along the sculpture trail,
they only just managed that.

Sitting eating our butties in the crowded picnic area my wife nudged me and pointed out a 'real
mountainbiker' just arriving. There were dozens of them so I asked which one , she pointed him out
and I had to ask again why he was different and why was he 'real'. She said he's the only one around
with mud on his legs, with a bloody cut on his leg and with mucky chain and chainring marks on his
leg, then added - just like you get when you ride your bike! Cant make out if that was her way of
criticising me or praising me. Mike

"Taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> If you feel the need to go there stay away from the car parks near the Visitor Centre, they'll
> be full.

Got a weekend of real MTBing in the Lakes booked for May, ye hah!!

Will report back with info about the organisation etc.

Pete