Grizedale Forest, Nr Hawshead

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taywood

If you feel the need to go there stay away from the car parks near the Visitor Centre, they'll be
full. The reason is the new aerial assault course, 2+ hours of rope bridges tarzan swings, walkways,
nets and slides. Its expensive at £14.50 a go for over 18r olds but you're paying for excess safety
protection, slings and harnesses etc Their Page is www.goape.cc . Looks like fun, almost made me
wish I was young again.

We'd driven two fellow pensioners there today for a slow walk in the sun along the sculpture trail,
they only just managed that.

Sitting eating our butties in the crowded picnic area my wife nudged me and pointed out a 'real
mountainbiker' just arriving. There were dozens of them so I asked which one , she pointed him out
and I had to ask again why he was different and why was he 'real'. She said he's the only one around
with mud on his legs, with a bloody cut on his leg and with mucky chain and chainring marks on his
leg, then added - just like you get when you ride your bike! Cant make out if that was her way of
criticising me or praising me. Mike

"Taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> If you feel the need to go there stay away from the car parks near the Visitor Centre, they'll
> be full.

Got a weekend of real MTBing in the Lakes booked for May, ye hah!!

Will report back with info about the organisation etc.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.