Grogboy

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by thefatcontroller, May 5, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. mscalisi

    mscalisi Guest

  3. Grogboy

    Grogboy Guest

    why do you want me banned simon? That is a mean thing to say! I will
    promise to calm down. I was only excited because I have never been on
    a forum before. You should really get 2 sides to the story before you
    start accusing people of forum misbehaviour. Asshole.

    --
    Grogboy - wankspanner

    with great power comes great responsibility.
    Grogboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6467

  4. Mikefule

    Mikefule Guest

    I wondered about this. His profile shows 21 posts in one day. Possibly
    a one day wonder hoping to ruffle a few feathers then move on.

    On the other hand, some of his posts appear to indicate some genuine
    interest in unicycling.

    The first response should be to ask Grogboy to moderate his language and
    to remember that this forum is read by very young people, male and
    female, and by adults, worldwide, from many cultural backgrounds. This
    is not a place to cause gratuitous offence.

    That means no swearing, no references to sexual practices (real or
    imagined), no insults.

    I would hate to see a potential recruit barred because of a few immature
    comments on his first day.

    --
    Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

    Some days you're the fly; some days you're the windscreen. When you're
    the fly, you get to eat sh*t.

  5. Grogboy

    Grogboy Guest

    Why thank you! Now that's what i'm talking about simon. You need to
    consider both sides. So infact, you are hypocritical in the way that
    you wanted me banned for being offensive, but you have offended me in
    the same way as i might have you. So don't me an immoral fascist
    dictator next time. THANKS AGAIN TO MY SUPPORTERS!!

    --
    Grogboy - wankspanner

    with great power comes great responsibility.
    Grogboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6467

  6. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  7. Mikefule

    Mikefule Guest

    It's not that simple. Among people you know, it may be acceptable to
    refer to each other as "Asshole", and make comments you wouldn't make in
    front of an Aunt who might not have written her will yet. We all do it,
    to a greater or lesser degree.

    But in a public forum like this, we all need to bear in mind that
    different people willa ttach different levels of importance to certain
    comments. For example, on one thread you made comments about another
    poster being homosexual. Now, I don't know whether you meant it as an
    insult or as a joke. What you intended doesn't really matter, because
    it's the effect of what you say that matters.

    For example, some people hate homosexuals and find it extremely
    offensive to be accused of being one.

    Some people are homosexual and find it extremely offensive to see the
    word used as a term of abuse.

    So you risk offending two completely different groups of complete
    strangers, just for a throwaway comment.

    Likewise with the swearing. Americans, English, Dutch, South Africans,
    and all manner of people post in this forum. Some of those will find
    the F word offensive, some won't.

    A man was in front of the Judge on a charge of assault. he said in his
    own defence, "It's a free country. I can put my fist where I want
    to."
    The Judge's reply was, "Yes, except that your freedom to put your fist
    somewhere is limited by the other person's freedom to have his chin
    there."

    Tone it down a bit, read a few of the threads, and get involved in some
    discussion about this fantastic sport. There are people here who ride
    100 miles in a day; there are people here who perform professionally;
    there are people who compete in speed events, or freestyle events; there
    are people who design and build unique frames, geared hubs, adjustable
    cranks. You can make good friends here, and get all the advice you
    might possibly need.

    When in Rome...

    --
    Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

    Some days you're the fly; some days you're the windscreen. When you're
    the fly, you get to eat sh*t.

  8. Grogboy

    Grogboy Guest

    first off, trev, you have spoken to me before, you might not realise it,
    but i remember you. i spoke to you on msn messenger before. so blah.
    and mike, you are a true ghandi.
    :rolleyes: ;) :D :D :D :D :D

    --
    Grogboy - wankspanner

    with great power comes great responsibility.
    Grogboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6467

  9. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  10. mscalisi

    mscalisi Guest

    Mikefule wrote:
    > *
    > For example, some people hate homosexuals and find it extremely
    > offensive to be accused of being one.
    >
    > *

    some people DESERVE to be offended. Regardless, this isn't the place to
    do it.

    Still, grogboy is a troll. Trolls love to be fed, and right now he's
    getting nice and fat.

    ..ignore trolls and they go away.

    --
    mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
    mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

  11. Grogboy

    Grogboy Guest

    no trev, i am not the rude one that you blocked and deleted, not to my
    recollection any way. How would i know if you had blocked and deleted
    me though, as i don't think you would have warned me in advance. But i
    do recollect that you were in the marden quary in whitley bay at one
    point in your life. am i correctomundo, fonzie style?
    :mad:

    --
    Grogboy - wankspanner

    with great power comes great responsibility.
    Grogboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6467

  12. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  13. Grogboy

    Grogboy Guest

    nope, i am not neil, read my post blue flame 20 incher for my true
    identity. Hmm, perhaps i am confusing you with trev. no wait, you are
    trev. i mean simon. i like typing in real time you know;)

    --
    Grogboy - wankspanner

    with great power comes great responsibility.
    Grogboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6467

  14. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  15. joe

    joe Guest

    Ok, here is the story...

    His real name is Scott Barns Elwood. He goes to my school, and saw me on
    this site, so thought it would be good to join.

    He does not unicycle, but was going to learn on mine about 3 years ago
    when I started, but gave in.
    As for his ‘unicycle knowledge’, he has none. He has probably just
    search the forum a bit, to see what he could come up with.

    Since then, he has hacked into my MSN, and stolen my contacts, which
    will explain that he has been talking to you before, Trev, and he has
    also hacked into my old website and put a huge picture of himself on the
    home page. Attention seeking I guess.

    Now he has just come on the forum ‘for a laugh’. I guess he will go away
    some time, but he is just attention seeking at the moment. But there was
    no need to swear and offend people like you did. What have they done to
    you? These are desent people talking about something they enjoy. They
    don’t want you here. Why not go and find a rugby forum. I’m sure there
    is one. If you were on a forum, I’m sure you wouldn’t want some
    arsehole, like yourself, coming on and being a dick!

    Scott, if you are reading this, why do it? You got nowt else better to
    do?
    You might as well stop now, coz your going to get barred, even though
    you would probably sign up as someone else.
    Go ‘troll’ some other forum that wants ‘trolling’, I’m sure there is a
    website about shit like that.

    If scott/Grogboy posts a thread or replies in one, but ignore it. He
    will soon go away….

    Joe,

    --
    joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

    :cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

    'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
    but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

    'SIXSIXONE' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
    joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

  16. Grogboy

    Grogboy Guest

  17. tennisgh22

    tennisgh22 Guest

    not only should grogboy be barred, but so should anyone else who
    encourages him by replying to his posts.

    -grant

    --
    tennisgh22

    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
    capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
    labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

  18. I think that we should all give Grogboy another chance.
    Many of us (including myself) have asked Grogboy to tone it down.
    I think that at this point, we should allow him to modify his
    behavior.
    And, if he continues to be a problem I think it is acceptable to ban
    him.

    Grogboy, feel free to express yourself any way you like in 'THAT forum'
    (http://tinyurl.com/28z6j),
    but please tone it waaaay down (no profanity, insults, or name calling
    in THIS forum.
    That way everyone will be happy.

    --
    ChangingLINKS.com - member

    Drew Brown
    http://www.ChangingLINKS.com
    ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

  19. Grogboy has appologized
    AS OF 6:17 PM TODAY, I HAVE DISCOVERED A COMPLAINT AGAINST ME BY SIMON.
    I WILL TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO APOLOGIZE. I AM SORRY SIMON, AND I AM
    SORRY TO ANY ONE ELSE THAT I HAVE UPSET OR OFFENDED. I HOPE YOU TAKE
    THIS APOLOGY AS SERIOUS AS SINCERE I AM. I JUST NEEDED TO LET OFF SOME
    STRESS BEFORE MY GCSE'S, I'M SURE YOU HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE, SO I HOPE
    YOU CAN ALL RELATE. THANKYOU.

    AND started a thread 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/2c9cz) as requested.
    Please let this thread die and if anyone has any more insults or advice
    for Grogboy, post 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/2c9cz)

    Thank you!

    --
    ChangingLINKS.com - member