Ground Hugger composite

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by murray, Mar 12, 2003.

  1. murray

    murray Guest

    Hello All,

    I'm a newbee to this group, so forgive me if I'm covering old stuff.

    Are there any (or many) home builders on this group?? i.e. have any of you built your bents??

    I've recently finished hand building my own version of R Q Riley's "Ground Hugger" (
    http://www.rqriley.com/xr2.htmlcomposite) bent, and of course I'm interested in finding out if
    anyone else out there has also built one or has any experience with them. I didn't exactly follow
    the plans, in fact, I've never seen the plans; but I've built quite a few other composite projects
    in my past, and so felt quite confident to tackle a recumbent project. I would post a few pics of my
    creation to my home page, but my new IP (EarthLink) trashed my page about 3 months ago and hasn't
    given me access to it yet,...but that's another story. I can, however, still send a jpeg to anyone
    interested.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

  3. Paul Worden

    Paul Worden Guest

  4. Papa

    Papa Guest

  5. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    > Are there any (or many) home builders on this group?? i.e. have any of you built your bents??

    I'm not a homebuilder, I just play one on TV. ;-)

    There's a fairly active recumbent homebuilder community, but it seems to hang out on the lowracer
    and streamliner maillists: http://www.topica.com/lists/streamliner/read
    http://www.topica.com/lists/lowracer/read or the MSN group "bent homebuilders"

    The WISIL site has tons of projects, including composite fairing construction:
    http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whatsup.htm as does the MARS group:
    http://www.recumbents.com/mars/projects.html

    Jim Scozzafava's built a real pretty composite lowracer: http://www.jjscozzi.com/custom_bikev.htm

    We of the Oregon HPV group have been building composite streamliners, too, but the webpages aren't
    as pretty as the others: http://www.ohpv.org/albums/ohpv/photos/photo_1.html

    Jeff