Ground Hugger composite

murray

Guest
Hello All,

I'm a newbee to this group, so forgive me if I'm covering old stuff.

Are there any (or many) home builders on this group?? i.e. have any of you built your bents??

I've recently finished hand building my own version of R Q Riley's "Ground Hugger" (
http://www.rqriley.com/xr2.htmlcomposite) bent, and of course I'm interested in finding out if
anyone else out there has also built one or has any experience with them. I didn't exactly follow
the plans, in fact, I've never seen the plans; but I've built quite a few other composite projects
in my past, and so felt quite confident to tackle a recumbent project. I would post a few pics of my
creation to my home page, but my new IP (EarthLink) trashed my page about 3 months ago and hasn't
given me access to it yet,...but that's another story. I can, however, still send a jpeg to anyone
interested.

Thanks,

Mike

> Are there any (or many) home builders on this group?? i.e. have any of you built your bents??

I'm not a homebuilder, I just play one on TV. ;-)

There's a fairly active recumbent homebuilder community, but it seems to hang out on the lowracer
and streamliner maillists: http://www.topica.com/lists/streamliner/read
http://www.topica.com/lists/lowracer/read or the MSN group "bent homebuilders"

The WISIL site has tons of projects, including composite fairing construction:
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whatsup.htm as does the MARS group:
http://www.recumbents.com/mars/projects.html

Jim Scozzafava's built a real pretty composite lowracer: http://www.jjscozzi.com/custom_bikev.htm

We of the Oregon HPV group have been building composite streamliners, too, but the webpages aren't
as pretty as the others: http://www.ohpv.org/albums/ohpv/photos/photo_1.html

Jeff