Group Buy - PedalForce

tonyzackery

Dec 23, 2006
I need another frameset like I need a hole in my head, but this deal was too good to pass up IMO. I'll probably sell my Giant TCR Aero now...

Anyway, because I'm a "sharin' and carin'" type of guy (it also benefits all others as the greater the number that sign-on, the cheaper the price), I'm passing this great deal along to you folks. According to PF, the group buy closes on the 14th...

Nope, I'm not getting any remuneration from PF for this...

Pedal Force super-light carbon bicycle

Looks nice.
Are those carbon dropouts as safe as the Al ones, I fear this may snap easier than aluminium ones if hit with some force as hitting a pothole, am I wrong?

Solanog said:
Looks nice.
Are those carbon dropouts as safe as the Al ones, I fear this may snap easier than aluminium ones if hit with some force as hitting a pothole, am I wrong?

Sounds like you may want to avoid a carbon frame/fork altogether...

They're quite nice looking frames, i'm going to order a couple :)

tonyzackery said:
Sounds like you may want to avoid a carbon frame/fork altogether...

Well my road bikes are all alu frame with carbon fork both full carbon with Al drop outs and Al crown with Al drop outs.
I've avoided Al + carbon because I don't trust the bond between both materials. But I've always had the idea in my mind that carbon is more brittle than Al, that's why I asked if these carbon dropouts aren't more prone to snapping off if being hit too hard as hitting a pothole at speed.