Group ride pet peeves

alex ayers

Sep 10, 2013
Sorry if this is already a thread, but I wanted to see what some people's pet peeves are when riding with a group or team. A couple of mine; Spitting into the wind with reckless abandon & People who don't keep the pace consistent when they pull at the front

People who can't maintain a line and instead demonstrate some quasi-Brownian motion in a pack.

People who slow down dramatically, THEN come off the front. People who ride in positions where they can't reach the breaks while in a pace line. People who speed the line up within 2 seconds of taking the lead. People who sprint off of stoplights for no apparent reason.

People who call out every twig, large leaf and damp spot on the road as if it were a claymore and yell "SLOWING!!!" whenever someone between them and the front stops peddling

"Getting beat on each and every town line sprint."

This.
crying.png

"People who call out every twig, large leaf and damp spot on the road as if it were a claymore..."

I award you 1000 internets for the creative use of 'Claymore' in regards to a pace line!
cool.png

"Spitting into the wind with reckless abandon"

And tugging on Superman's cape.

Lessee...non-race drafting...

1. Surging. Constant surging. I'll go solo into a 25 MPH gusting headwind before sitting in with a line that is going up and down the dial.

2. Aero bars. Ab-so-****ing-lute-ly I will slow to a crawl and go backwards before some tri-dweeb that couldn't get to his brakes takes down half the line.

3. People in way over their head. The clueless. The tired. Tourons. Freds.

Campybob, Tugging on super mans cape? Also I hate when cat 1,2s and professionals pull back to back to back and they just slowly pull away!

Guys who jump out of the group to get on the back of the pack of Cat 1s who just passed.

The guy who shows up with carbon rims and lightweight tires and get flats, and and then drops the rider who stops to give him her spare.

oldbobcat said:
The guy who shows up with carbon rims and lightweight tires and get flats, and and then drops the rider who stops to give him her spare.
Ok. That's bad. That's a great way to make exactly zero friends.