groupsets for time trial (or triathlon) bikes

Rex

Guest
Hello!

Anyone seen on-line retailers selling groupsets for the time trial/triathlon
style of bike at reasonable prices?

(eg. not the STI levers, bu the traditional style of lever mounted on the
end of the tri-bars, and a separate brake only lever). Surely this should be
cheaper than road groupsets with the cost of STI levers.

In aus.bicycle on Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:07:15 +1000
Rex <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Anyone seen on-line retailers selling groupsets for the time trial/triathlon
> style of bike at reasonable prices?
>
> (eg. not the STI levers, bu the traditional style of lever mounted on the
> end of the tri-bars, and a separate brake only lever). Surely this should be
> cheaper than road groupsets with the cost of STI levers.

For bar end levers, look for "barcon" they are often called that for
some reason.

When I went from gripshifters to bar ends for the 'bent I just asked
Ian Humphries at flyingfurniture.com.au for them, he had them in stock
I think.

Zebee

On Feb 10, 1:07 pm, "Rex" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Anyone seen on-line retailers selling groupsets for the time trial/triathlon
> style of bike at reasonable prices?
>
> (eg. not the STI levers, bu the traditional style of lever mounted on the
> end of the tri-bars, and a separate brake only lever). Surely this should be
> cheaper than road groupsets with the cost of STI levers.

You could always sell off the STI levers that come with the groupset -
eBay would give you a price guide. They aren't cheap as a separate
item but darned good value in a groupset at a special price.