Groupsets

Kahs

Aug 5, 2010
Hi Everyone

Looking for a few opinions. I currently ride a Bianchi with 2006 record, with the exception of the crank which is ultra torque and later than 2006. I'm thinking of changing groupsets, but I was wondering which groupsets would be an upgrade to this in today's terms? E.g. would campy Athena be considered an upgrade? Or chorus? Weight-wise it seems record was already light in 2006 and I'm not sure that 11sp is such an advantage over 10sp. Not sure otherwise?

Kahs said:
Hi Everyone

Looking for a few opinions. I currently ride a Bianchi with 2006 record, with the exception of the crank which is ultra torque and later than 2006. I'm thinking of changing groupsets, but I was wondering which groupsets would be an upgrade to this in today's terms? E.g. would campy Athena be considered an upgrade? Or chorus? Weight-wise it seems record was already light in 2006 and I'm not sure that 11sp is such an advantage over 10sp. Not sure otherwise?

The advantage of new Campagnolo is the ergonomics of the levers and the simplicity of the levers. 11s is there and allows you to have an interior cog you didn't have with Campagnolo 10s but not the reason to switch from 2006 Record.

What question are you trying to answer, problem are you trying to solve? With the present gruppo?