GRRR! Wiggle delivery problem

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:49:36 +0100, "wafflycat"
<w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote:

>"rola" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Never had a problem with Wiggle - order before lunch and (with the paid
>> delivery) I always get it the following working day, usually before 9am.
>> However, I do include Wiggle on certain legal forms as a dependant :)

>Ah yes, same here. I'm fairly sure this cycling family is responsible for
>Wiggle's profits ;-)

A month or so I had a bad dream.

People were milling around aimlessly. I found out what the cause was:
Wiggle had closed down.

And then I woke up.

Tim

davek wrote:
> I shall place the order again (unless someone can recommend another
> good source of cheap tubes

What type, size and weight?

~PB

"Craig Wallace" <craigw84@fast_NOSPAM_mail.fm> wrote in message
news:p4%[email protected]...

>>> Chain Reaction are excellent IME.

> http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/
> I agree that they are good, and very fast delivery (using Royal Mail).

They're also good at sorting out problems - they answer emails.

cheers,
clive

Tony Raven wrote:
> Mark wrote on 07/09/2006 15:36 +0100:
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a better mail-order retailer?
> >

> Chain Reaction are excellent IME.
>
> --
> Tony

I'll second that: definitely a first class service and an effective
returns system :)

davek wrote:
> wafflycat wrote:
>> Ah yes, same here. I'm fairly sure this cycling family is responsible
>> for Wiggle's profits ;-)

> I'm too scared to look at the bit where it tells you how much you have
> spent in the past year...

Spent in the last 365 days: £568.09. Ulp.

Then there's the stuff from Settle, Deeside, Chain Reaction, SLSC, Bikeplus,
the CTC Shop, hubjub, Solidlights, Cotic, Halfrauds, Mike Dyason...

Hello everyone. My name is Mr Larrington and I'm a bikebitsaholic...

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Pete Biggs wrote:
> What type, size and weight?

I ordered 10 each of 700x25 (Vittorio), and 26"x1.5" (Geax), both at
44% off RRP.

I've not seen tubes that cheap elsewhere without buying wholesale, but
I don't mind paying more if it means actually getting the bloody things
delivered!

d.

For tubes and tyres I use bicyclerubber.com. I have never been disappointed
with the service, and emails are answered promptly.

http://www.bicyclerubber.com/acatalog/Vittoria.html
http://www.bicyclerubber.com/acatalog/26__x_1.5___2.25_Inner_tubes.html

He also has an ebay shop e.g.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/11-x-GEAX-MTB...hZ014QQcategoryZ27954QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I have no connection, other than another one way drip feed from my bank
account.

"davek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Pete Biggs wrote:
>> What type, size and weight?

> I ordered 10 each of 700x25 (Vittorio), and 26"x1.5" (Geax), both at
> 44% off RRP.
>
> I've not seen tubes that cheap elsewhere without buying wholesale, but
> I don't mind paying more if it means actually getting the bloody things
> delivered!
>
> d.
>

> Wiggle

I have always got my wiggle stuff very quickly.
I get them to deliver to my workplace and put on the information box
that it is open mon to fri 9 to 5.
TerryJ

In article <[email protected]>
davek <[email protected]> wrote:
> Pete Biggs wrote:
> > What type, size and weight?

> I ordered 10 each of 700x25 (Vittorio),

£24.99 for 10 (£22.49 if order over £50, free delivery) at Wiggle,
£32.90 delivered for 20 at Ribble.

> and 26"x1.5" (Geax), both at 44% off RRP.

£1.99 each in Tesco :)
(actually I think they're 1.75/2.125 rather than 1.5")
Ribble have Vredestein Race 1.75/2.2" for £2.50
So if you order 20 each from Wiggle you'll pay £89.96, and from Ribble
£82.90. Not much good if you need narrow ATB tubes, or don't want 20 of
each, though.

> I've not seen tubes that cheap elsewhere without buying wholesale, but
> I don't mind paying more if it means actually getting the bloody things
> delivered!

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:22:05 +0100, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Mark wrote on 07/09/2006 15:36 +0100:
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a better mail-order retailer?
>>

>Chain Reaction are excellent IME.

Thanks for this recommendation. They replied the next day. I'll be
ordering from them this week. :)

Cheers, Mark

davek said the following on 07/09/2006 19:22:

> I'm too scared to look at the bit where it tells you how much you have
> spent in the past year...

I don't look, but I got a shock when I got the "You have spent over £500
in the last year, so have a bigger discount." message. Eeeep! Have I?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

davek said the following on 07/09/2006 15:53:

> Yes, that sounds about right. I was sure that previous deliveries came
> via Royal Mail, and it was Business Post that failed to deliver on this
> occasion.

They still appear to use both, depending on the size. Business Post is
fine for me, because the usual local driver knows where I live, knows
where I work, and puts two and two together. Even if I do get a card,
there is no problem redirecting to work.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/