Grrr!

Zog The Undeniable

Guest
For Bike Week some people at work are running hour-long lunchtime rides.
The spiel states "to be covered by insurance, you MUST wear a helmet"
(my capitals).

What insurance? My CTC insurance doesn't require a martlehat and it
won't be on work business, so I doubt the employer's liability insurance
would pay out.

As it's on public roads, they can kiss my Assos.

"Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> For Bike Week some people at work are running hour-long lunchtime rides.
> The spiel states "to be covered by insurance, you MUST wear a helmet" (my
> capitals).
>
> What insurance? My CTC insurance doesn't require a martlehat and it won't
> be on work business, so I doubt the employer's liability insurance would
> pay out.
>
> As it's on public roads, they can kiss my Assos.

If you are covered by CTC insurance then the organisers need not worry their
pretty little heads about your bonce then :)

Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> writes:

> For Bike Week some people at work are running hour-long lunchtime
> rides. The spiel states "to be covered by insurance, you MUST wear a
> helmet" (my capitals).
>
> What insurance? My CTC insurance doesn't require a martlehat and it
> won't be on work business, so I doubt the employer's liability
> insurance would pay out.
>
> As it's on public roads, they can kiss my Assos.

My employer is organising a time trial up to the Wyche on the Malvern
Hills and the first line you sign up to on the application form is
that you'll wear a h*lmet. That's on public roads too.

TBH they go so far over the top wrt H&S at our place that I'm
surprised they allow me to ride from the gate to outside my office
without wearing a h*lmet.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:54:06 +0100 someone who may be Zog The
Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote this:-

>For Bike Week some people at work are running hour-long lunchtime rides.
> The spiel states "to be covered by insurance, you MUST wear a helmet"
>(my capitals). [snip]
>
>As it's on public roads, they can kiss my Assos.

What did they say when you pointed this out to them?

"Insurance" is like "security", something brought up by those who
probably know little.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

> For Bike Week some people at work are running hour-long lunchtime rides.
> The spiel states "to be covered by insurance, you MUST wear a helmet"
> (my capitals).

we've got "try a bike day", where some local shops are bringing stands
to the company's campus. One shop's inviting us to book half hour trials
of a few v.high end road bikes & racers, if we bring our own helmet.
Having trouble figuring out who's rule that is. :)

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

> For Bike Week some people at work are running hour-long lunchtime rides.
> The spiel states "to be covered by insurance, you MUST wear a helmet"
> (my capitals).
>
> What insurance? My CTC insurance doesn't require a martlehat and it
> won't be on work business, so I doubt the employer's liability insurance
> would pay out.
>
> As it's on public roads, they can kiss my Assos.

Come along to our Cavalcade tomorrow then...

http://www.winchesterbikeweek.org.uk/

Meet under King Alfred's statue ant 11.am and set off for a 30 minute jaunt
around the city.
Sun hats advised ;-)

John B