Grrr.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mr [email protected] \ -Lsqco, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. Since Thursday, I have been struck down by a virulent lurgi of the stomach (and general cold/flu
    type bug) and thus been unable to cycle *anywhere* this whole weekend. (having to spend much time
    retired to bed, and the rest of it upon the WC.)

    I am now looking forward to the commuter ride tomorrow, idiot motorists, lapdogs, bandogs, assorted
    waterfowl [1] and all; *just* so I can be back on my bike again!

    Alex

    [1] Increasingly I am having to "honk" my Megahorn at sundry ducks, pigeons etc...

    Tags:

  2. Oh dear - I hope the lurgi removes itself from your system *soon*.

    Saw nesting swan today and assorted waterfowl, but they were all posing on a river - sort of "Look
    at *us* aren't we simply *beautiful*" posing.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:42:04 +0100, Mr [email protected] (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room 2]
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Since Thursday, I have been struck down by a virulent lurgi of the stomach (and general cold/flu
    > type bug) and thus been unable to cycle *anywhere* this whole weekend. (having to spend much time
    > retired to bed, and the rest of it upon the WC.)
    >
    > I am now looking forward to the commuter ride tomorrow, idiot motorists, lapdogs, bandogs,
    > assorted waterfowl [1] and all; *just* so I can be back on my bike again!

    Ah well, sounds like you had the same lurgi as me, except mine initially struck on the Wednesday
    (but just the muscle aches/joint pains then, the diarrhoea appeared Thursday morning). I'm not sure
    I'm up to cycling tomorrow, though - a very _very_ gentle walk this afternoon left me pretty
    knackered, and I'm still having the odd little dizzy patch.

    Anyway, point of all this is - pity the chap at the next desk along from mine - he (apparently)
    went down with teh same thing the day before me, and he has been training seriuosly for the
    marathon for months...

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig