GRS Warning: NYC Century

[email protected] wrote:
> Anybody care to admit they'll be participating?
>
> Scott

5000 cyclists! That's a lot of road rash!

Scenic Schuylkill Century (Philly's version of the NYC ride) is this
Sunday, too. I'm too lazy to drive all the way to NYC, just to ride a bike.

Oh, I'll be riding dirt tomorrow (levels out some of the GRS).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

[email protected] wrote:
> Anybody care to admit they'll be participating?

Oh, man, it's Sunday, isn't it? Wish I could. Among other things, my
poor dog is really sick. We've narrowed it down to either Myasthenia
Gravis or Trigeminal Neuritis. Sucks either way.

Do it on the fixed, man. What, are you scared?

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Anybody care to admit they'll be participating?

> Oh, man, it's Sunday, isn't it? Wish I could. Among other things, my
> poor dog is really sick. We've narrowed it down to either Myasthenia
> Gravis or Trigeminal Neuritis. Sucks either way.
>
> Do it on the fixed, man. What, are you scared?
>
> CC

Sucks about the pooch. From a quick lookup it seems that they're both
treatable, though....
I'm thinking about doing it on the fixed. I was also considering
swapping to some BMW Shinburgers and riding barefoot. With ground glass
in my shorts.
/s

[email protected] wrote:

> Sucks about the pooch. From a quick lookup it seems that they're both
> treatable, though....

Yeah, we're hoping he'll be ok. In the meantime, his face is still
paralyzed, so we're giving him water with a syringe and spoon-feeding
him pureed food, only about half of which makes it into the dog. It's
like having dinner with Stephen Hawking.

> I'm thinking about doing it on the fixed. I was also considering
> swapping to some BMW Shinburgers and riding barefoot. With ground glass
> in my shorts.

That's the spirit! Don't forget to nail your hands to the bars.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > Sucks about the pooch. From a quick lookup it seems that they're both
> > treatable, though....

> Yeah, we're hoping he'll be ok. In the meantime, his face is still
> paralyzed, so we're giving him water with a syringe and spoon-feeding
> him pureed food, only about half of which makes it into the dog. It's
> like having dinner with Stephen Hawking.
>
> > I'm thinking about doing it on the fixed. I was also considering
> > swapping to some BMW Shinburgers and riding barefoot. With ground glass
> > in my shorts.

> That's the spirit! Don't forget to nail your hands to the bars.
>
> CC

Perhaps a helmet of thorns? You Catholics just can't get enough....

/s

<Corvus Corvax
Yeah, we're hoping he'll be ok. In the meantime, his face is still
paralyzed, so we're giving him water with a syringe and spoon-feeding
him pureed food, only about half of which makes it into the dog. It's
like having dinner with Stephen Hawking.>

Yeah I if I remember right the dog was pretty smart ;-p
I hope it all works out.

[email protected] wrote:

> - They removed that steep, short dirt uphill into a park that was my
> favorite part, a chance to one-up the road-only nerds.

Aw, man! When I rode it, there was a cheering section of Brooklyn
urchins at that spot. It was so cute.

> - I noticed that the further we progressed along the route, the more
> babelicious the volunteers at the rest stations were. Seriously. It was
> like some sort of 'carrot before the horse' scheme. Sucking on an
> orange slice, watching a pair of honeys pull floating apples out of a
> tub of water, I felt close to paradise.

Stop. My imagination is making me miserable.

> - Even more dour 'serious roadies' than I recall, plus loads of $5000
> Trek/no pedalling technique Team Discovery member fashion victims.

I'm thinking of the time you tagged along with us on your fix wearing
cutoffs and a cotton T-shirt. We only did 28 miles or so that day, I
hate to think how many you did total. Including those switchbacks.
Ouch!

> - Great way to spend 9/11 in nyc.

With you there, man.

Thanks.