GT Avalanche 2.0

TRiM

Jun 21, 2005
Hello all, I'm fairly new to this forum so I'll get straight to the point and skip the introductions.

Basically, I'm planning on buying a new MTB. I've shopped around and have my sights locked on an Avalanche 2.0 from GT.

You can find the specs at this link: http://www.gtbicycles.com/mountain/catalog/detail.php?id=1158&country=CAN&brand=moun

I'd just like your advice and comments on this perticular bike. If I do buy it, it'll cost me 540$ CDN.

It's a friggin shame Pacific had to go and buyout GT. An excellent bike like the Avalanche is reduced to subpar. Boycott Pacific, buy a bike from a REAL company, like Rocky Mountain.

The Avalanche is decent for the money, if you've ridden it and like it It should be a good purchase, as for pacific cycles they may not be the greatest parent company but keep in mind the same company that makes crappy bikes like ccm also owns rocky mountian so really is it any diffrent. Previous Gt hardtails I have owned have proven to be excellent purchases. I hope you enjoy whatever you purchase!