GT complete :-)

Technician

Guest
a picture of the complete AM-B project bike (name coined by Michael Dart) can be viewed at
http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/mtb/bike-info.htm

Unfortunately the weather seems to have decided to let loose a downpour (kind of a pain to tune
things in the rain), but as soon as it clears up (should by later this afternoon according to the
paper) i will take 'er for a ride.

A quick sit in the garage seemed like the seat may not fit just right (unfortunate as it looks
pretty good). but then, i have been off the bike for a while so my sit bones may not be used to a
bike seat anymore. i'll give 'er a few rides and see. i can always throw the old Bell (ugg) gel seat
back on if it gets real bad, assuming i don't have a job so i can just buy a new one anyway.

just picking it up i can tell the entire bike is lighter than just the goose frame so it should be a
huge improvement on my endurance.

So, now i just have to go get an application for VIP and then pray to the bike gods the rain stops.
--
~Travis "rain, rain, go away, come again some other day..."

> > > Sayum, I took a look at http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/mtb/bike.jpg and I must say it came
> > > together looking pretty good. Much better than
> > > expected.
> > >

> And i suddenly realized, no bar caps. ah well, i should be able to pick some up when i get a pay
> check. it's not like they really do much for riding. they only really protect the bar end, keep
> dirt out in a crash, and may even keep the grip from sliding off. ...

...and they prevent the bar from swiss-cheesing your legs, arm, or anyhting else under 'em in a
crash. If you can't get plugs soon, tape 'em shut or something. Bar-holes aren't pretty.

Chris

In article <O%[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > >

> > And i suddenly realized, no bar caps. ah well, i should be able to pick some up when i get a pay
> > check. it's not like they really do much for riding. they only really protect the bar end, keep
> > dirt out in a crash, and may even keep the grip from sliding off. ...
>
> ...and they prevent the bar from swiss-cheesing your legs, arm, or anyhting else under 'em in a
> crash. If you can't get plugs soon, tape 'em shut or something. Bar-holes aren't pretty.
>
> Chris

Ahh yes, forgot about the body protection. Thanks for the heads up.
--
~Travis

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> >>...and they prevent the bar from swiss-cheesing your legs, arm, or
anyhting
> >>else under 'em in a crash.
>
> <warning> put on sunglasses </warning>
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/ouchies/bar-end-ring.jpg

Bar end in the ring - mega-ouch!

> >> Bar-holes aren't pretty.
>
> If there wasn't and end-cap on my bar, I'm sure it would have taken a core-sample of my belly.

You don't want to see where the end of my MC bar stuck into my thigh several years ago - it
ain't pretty.

Shaun aRe - pushed right through the grip and right into the flesh....deep........no photos
though....yet...heheheh...

> anyhting
> >
> > <warning> put on sunglasses </warning>
> >
> > http://www.shavings.net/images/ouchies/bar-end-ring.jpg
>
> Bar end in the ring - mega-ouch!

> > If there wasn't and end-cap on my bar, I'm sure it would have taken a core-sample of my belly.
>
> You don't want to see where the end of my MC bar stuck into my thigh several years ago - it
> ain't pretty.
>

> Shaun aRe - pushed right through the grip and right into the flesh....deep........no photos
> though....yet...heheheh...

Hmm, points duly noted. i'll see if the LBS has some that my bike parts reserve fund ($11) can
cover. i don't expect they would be too expensive.
--
~Travis

> >>...and they prevent the bar from swiss-cheesing your legs, arm, or
anyhting
> >>else under 'em in a crash.
>
> <warning> put on sunglasses </warning>
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/ouchies/bar-end-ring.jpg
>

> >> Bar-holes aren't pretty.
>
> If there wasn't and end-cap on my bar, I'm sure it would have taken a core-sample of my belly.

I fell hard on the end of my handlebar back in December -- no plug, just a penny (too small) inside
a soft OURY grip --thought I had punctured a lung, but it hardly left a mark! (Mine was higher up on
chest/ribcage.)

Hurt so much after a few weeks I got it X-rayed, but no fracture was evident.

Now, almost six months later, it STILL bothers me from time-to-time. Must have been some really deep
soft-tissue damage inbetween the ribs or something.

Bill "it's the slow, awkward fall that'll kill ya" S.

Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > anyhting
> > >
> > > <warning> put on sunglasses </warning>
> > >
> > > http://www.shavings.net/images/ouchies/bar-end-ring.jpg
> >
> > Bar end in the ring - mega-ouch!

> > > If there wasn't and end-cap on my bar, I'm sure it would have taken a core-sample of my belly.
> >
> > You don't want to see where the end of my MC bar stuck into my thigh
several
> > years ago - it ain't pretty.
> >

> > Shaun aRe - pushed right through the grip and right into the flesh....deep........no photos
> > though....yet...heheheh...

> Hmm, points duly noted. i'll see if the LBS has some that my bike parts reserve fund ($11) can
> cover. i don't expect they would be too expensive.

You should be able to pick up the little plastic ones for cents, and they're just as effective.

Shaun aRe

> Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >
> > > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > anyhting

> > > Bar end in the ring - mega-ouch!

> > > You don't want to see where the end of my MC bar stuck into my thigh
> several
> > > years ago - it ain't pretty.
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe - pushed right through the grip and right into the flesh....deep........no photos
> > > though....yet...heheheh...
>
> > Hmm, points duly noted. i'll see if the LBS has some that my bike parts reserve fund ($11) can
> > cover. i don't expect they would be too expensive.
>
> You should be able to pick up the little plastic ones for cents, and they're just as effective.

The little plastic ones are what the goose had. one hit and they get pushed into the bar thus making
them rather useless. i'll see if they have some cheap metal ones i can pop in.

I'll check too and see if i can get in as perhaps a part-time/relief wrench too. they keep
saying there are no openings, but i figure if i keep asking, they will either get annoyed, or
give me a job.
--
~Travis