GT Transeo 2.0 Frame

Ian Fajardo

Jun 13, 2011
Hello,

I managed to get my first hybrid bike, an older GT Transeo 2.0 on craigslist, not sure what year is but its in pretty good condition.
Long story short, i got it for $140, and i guess i got too excited and didn't really check the fit of my bike. I'm a short guy around 5' 4"/5", and lets just say the standover on the bike does not make my crotch happy.
frown.gif
bearable but barely any space.
I'm not really sure the size of the frame of the bike is, theres a sticker that says medium.
I believe my inseam is around 28" so i'm thinking the right frame for me is a 48-50cm or small-ish.

I was thinking if it was worth it to try and sell it again over craigslist, or just buy a smaller frame and transfer all the parts over to it. The components seem to be in good condition from what i've seen, the owner said they didn't use it much (I saw them take it out of their dusty shed).

I don't mind taking things apart and putting things together, i enjoy building things but i just want to know what would be the best plan of action.
I'm not that knowledgeable in bicycles so if i do decide to buy a new frame i'd probably need help in choosing the right one that would go with the components.

Thanks
thumb.gif

Unless you can get a really good deal on just a frame, I would suggest that you sell the bike on Craigs List and get another one. If the components were brand new or if they were really high end, then building up a new frame with them would be a good idea, but these are lower mid-range components and are not really worth the hassles involved to change over. It should be fairly easy to get rid of a complete medium sized bike, not so much just a medium sized frame.