Guess who I saw wearing reflective leg bands last night!

Hiya:
Last night, whilst going on an exercise walk in a bar-infested
neighborhood (I live there), I saw the police horses are now wearing
reflective bands on their rear legs. Just above the hoof. They looked
about three or four inches wide.

Robert Leone [email protected]

Great idea. Do they wear flashing lights are anything? I would think
the same principals that apply to being seen on a cycle would apply
even more to a dark suited policeman on a dark horse.

Hiya petroleimlessandpleased:
Nope, no blinkies, headlamps or he*m*ts on the horses, only one of
which was wearing the reflective leg bands. They both had a reflective
liner on a chest-strap for the saddle (apologies to horseriders -- I
know it's called "tack" but beyond that I only know "tack" is a zig-zag
tactic for sailing into the wind, which isn't quite applicable, is it).
Also, these were not dark horses -- they were blondes. And they looked
more like light draught horses, too small for Percherons, too tall and
stocky for race horses.

oilfreeandhappy wrote:
> Great idea. Do they wear flashing lights are anything? I would think
> the same principals that apply to being seen on a cycle would apply
> even more to a dark suited policeman on a dark horse.

> Hiya petroleimlessandpleased:
> Nope, no blinkies, headlamps or he*m*ts on the horses, only one of
> which was wearing the reflective leg bands. They both had a reflective
> liner on a chest-strap for the saddle (apologies to horseriders -- I
> know it's called "tack" but beyond that I only know "tack" is a zig-zag
> tactic for sailing into the wind, which isn't quite applicable, is it).
> Also, these were not dark horses -- they were blondes. And they looked
> more like light draught horses, too small for Percherons, too tall and
> stocky for race horses.
>
> Robert Leone [email protected]

Palominos?

oilfreeandhappy wrote:
> Great idea. Do they wear flashing lights are anything? I would think
> the same principals that apply to being seen on a cycle would apply
> even more to a dark suited policeman on a dark horse.

Toronto's police horses have blinkies mounted on the backs of their
saddles, on one of those little swivels originally intended for h*lmet
mounting. I've tried to tell several cops that their blinkies need new
batteries (when they do), but they give me blank looks. I guess I gotta
stop calling them that.