General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Guide books to using Nautilus equipment

Started by jabadoodle · · Last activity · 4 posts · 2,110 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 January 2006
Last activity
14 January 2006
Original author
jabadoodle
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,110
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've just started going to the gym - haven't been in years. The gym I chose
    has mostly Nautilus and some free weights (as well as other non-weight
    stuff).

    There are, of course, guides on the sides of the machines and people to ask.
    But
    I'm wondering if there are any good sites, Adobe PDF files, or books I can
    buy
    that explain how to use the Natulis machines and guidlines to workout
    routines.

    I've done some searching and found some, but reccomendations would also
    be helpful.

    Thanks,
    Gary

  2. "jabadoodle" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    I've just started going to the gym - haven't been in years. The gym I
    chose
    has mostly Nautilus and some free weights (as well as other non-weight
    stuff).

    There are, of course, guides on the sides of the machines and people to
    ask. But
    I'm wondering if there are any good sites, Adobe PDF files, or books I can
    buy
    that explain how to use the Natulis machines and guidlines to workout
    routines.

    I've done some searching and found some, but reccomendations would also
    be helpful.


    I don't know if you are serious or just a troll.

    There used to be books on this subject. They had lots of pictures and no
    information. How many ways could you do a movement? This is a machine. It
    controls the movement. There is no technique involved. You sit on it, grab
    the handles, then push (or pull). You would have to work very hard to screw
    up a machine like this. It controls you, not the other way around.

    I should point out that Nautilus machines went through several evolutions
    and moved several times and has had a number of owners. So the machines
    vary greatly depending when they were manufactured.

    And to prove their incredible lack of relevance to anything fitness related,
    they are presently owned by blowflex.

  3. Lee Michaels said:

    "jabadoodle" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've just started going to the gym - haven't been in years.
    The gym I chose has mostly Nautilus and some free weights
    (as well as other non-weight stuff).


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'm wondering if there are any good sites, Adobe PDF files,
    or books I can buy that explain how to use the Natulis
    machines and guidlines to workout routines.

    The Nautilus Bodybuilding Book
    BIG: Bulkbuilding Instructional Guide
    Massive Muscles in 10 Weeks

    All of those books are by Ellington Darden, Ph.D.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't know if you are serious or just a troll.

    Ah, the t word. Well, I don't know if you're a dip or a [censored], but I
    suspect that you're both. :o)

    Quoted message said:

    There used to be books on this subject. They had lots
    of pictures and no information. How many ways could
    you do a movement? This is a machine.


    <snip>

    Perhaps you missed the part of his post where he asked about routines.

    Quoted message said:

    I should point out that

    That, yeah, you're a dipshit.

    Quoted message said:

    And to prove their incredible lack of relevance to anything
    fitness related, they are presently owned by blowflex.

    Whoopie.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  4. Lee:

    I'm not a troll - at least in as much as my intention truely was to find
    books on the subject. Yes, I realize the machines fairly well controll
    the movements. But there are still issues like selecting the proper weight,
    reps, times/week you go, etc. ~ Yes, any time spent using the machine
    without being an idiot about it is probably better than nothing .. and
    I understand that for any level of serious body builder or advanced
    athlete a controled machine like Nautilus is probably not the way to go.

    Anyway, while you didn't offer much I could use, thanks for trying. I do
    appreciate the input.

    Curt:
    Thanks. I see that Ellinton Darden seems to be a recurring authority
    on use of Nautilus. Going to the libray & book store today and will
    look for those books. Thanks.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.