Guide books to using Nautilus equipment

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by jabadoodle, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. jabadoodle

    jabadoodle Guest

    I've just started going to the gym - haven't been in years. The gym I chose
    has mostly Nautilus and some free weights (as well as other non-weight
    stuff).

    There are, of course, guides on the sides of the machines and people to ask.
    But
    I'm wondering if there are any good sites, Adobe PDF files, or books I can
    buy
    that explain how to use the Natulis machines and guidlines to workout
    routines.

    I've done some searching and found some, but reccomendations would also
    be helpful.

    Thanks,
    Gary

    Tags:

  2. Lee Michaels

    Lee Michaels Guest

    "jabadoodle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I've just started going to the gym - haven't been in years. The gym I
    > chose
    > has mostly Nautilus and some free weights (as well as other non-weight
    > stuff).
    >
    > There are, of course, guides on the sides of the machines and people to
    > ask. But
    > I'm wondering if there are any good sites, Adobe PDF files, or books I can
    > buy
    > that explain how to use the Natulis machines and guidlines to workout
    > routines.
    >
    > I've done some searching and found some, but reccomendations would also
    > be helpful.

    I don't know if you are serious or just a troll.

    There used to be books on this subject. They had lots of pictures and no
    information. How many ways could you do a movement? This is a machine. It
    controls the movement. There is no technique involved. You sit on it, grab
    the handles, then push (or pull). You would have to work very hard to screw
    up a machine like this. It controls you, not the other way around.

    I should point out that Nautilus machines went through several evolutions
    and moved several times and has had a number of owners. So the machines
    vary greatly depending when they were manufactured.

    And to prove their incredible lack of relevance to anything fitness related,
    they are presently owned by blowflex.

  3. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    Lee Michaels <leemichaels*nadaspam*@comcast.net> wrote:

    >"jabadoodle" <[email protected]> wrote

    >> I've just started going to the gym - haven't been in years.
    >> The gym I chose has mostly Nautilus and some free weights
    >> (as well as other non-weight stuff).

    <snip>
    >> I'm wondering if there are any good sites, Adobe PDF files,
    >> or books I can buy that explain how to use the Natulis
    >> machines and guidlines to workout routines.

    The Nautilus Bodybuilding Book
    BIG: Bulkbuilding Instructional Guide
    Massive Muscles in 10 Weeks

    All of those books are by Ellington Darden, Ph.D.

    >I don't know if you are serious or just a troll.

    Ah, the t word. Well, I don't know if you're a dip or a shit, but I
    suspect that you're both. :eek:)

    >There used to be books on this subject. They had lots
    >of pictures and no information. How many ways could
    >you do a movement? This is a machine.

    <snip>

    Perhaps you missed the part of his post where he asked about routines.

    >I should point out that

    That, yeah, you're a dipshit.

    >And to prove their incredible lack of relevance to anything
    >fitness related, they are presently owned by blowflex.

    Whoopie.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  4. jabadoodle

    jabadoodle Guest

    Lee:

    I'm not a troll - at least in as much as my intention truely was to find
    books on the subject. Yes, I realize the machines fairly well controll
    the movements. But there are still issues like selecting the proper weight,
    reps, times/week you go, etc. ~ Yes, any time spent using the machine
    without being an idiot about it is probably better than nothing .. and
    I understand that for any level of serious body builder or advanced
    athlete a controled machine like Nautilus is probably not the way to go.

    Anyway, while you didn't offer much I could use, thanks for trying. I do
    appreciate the input.

    Curt:
    Thanks. I see that Ellinton Darden seems to be a recurring authority
    on use of Nautilus. Going to the libray & book store today and will
    look for those books. Thanks.