Guilty pleasure?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. martinjlowe

    martinjlowe Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:37:22 -0700, Paladin <[email protected]> wrote:

    >BB wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:38:13 -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    >>

    >>>Well, at least in mountain biking, you can always claim to be admiring the bike. "No, I wasn't
    >>>staring at your ass! I just love that seat you have!"
    >>>

    >> The sad thing is, sometimes we really ARE just checking out the bike.
    >>

    >Sad, but true. I've been caught checking out a bike (seriously) when my wife thought I was checking
    >out the rider.
    >

    >Doesn't happen too often, but the disturbing signs are still there....
    >
    >Paladin

    been there, seen that, denied it in public, but...

    Martin

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    MTBmouse <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just disappointment with this sort of snobbery.

    It really looked like you were going to cry. Tell the truth, you were crying, weren't you?

    JD

  3. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Penny S wrote:
    > MTBmoose spray painted on a boxcar:
    >
    >>>It's too bad that Penny didn't have the class to just keep this to
    >>
    >>herself. It's really not too bright to post something like this in an on-line forum where the
    >>ditched rider, my wife in this case, could read the original post and the ensuing thread.
    >>

    > You are right.. total lack of class on my part.
    >
    > the most important part is that I apologized for bagging, and she accepted.
    >
    > I'll apologize to you to too,
    >
    > There's no way out of this. Lots of miscellaneous truth here, and the worst thing I'm guilty of is
    > saying possibly hurtful things, bad behavior ( not a habit, but why should you believe that) and
    > not playing nice on the internet.
    >
    > I"min the wrong. all I can do is hang my head,and remember that you are supposed to play nice on
    > the internet. If Lisa has come along at the same rate I have ( which sounds great that she has),
    > if you will accept any of this, there may be good rides in the future....otherwise you and or she
    > can write me off as you see fit.
    >
    > I have a feeling that I will just keep cramming my foot into my mouth if I say any more, so there
    > you have it.

    Well said.

    It was uncharacteristic - a behavioral anomaly.

    Just chalk it up to a momentary lapse of reason and get on with your life.

    Kathleen