Guimard may coach the Bigmat team according cyclingnews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris M <[email protected]> wrote:
> Like him or not Guimard is known for results, not smiles. Poor Frank is a bit bitter.

I dunno, maybe it's just me. But I think that most people that haven't produced anything of note for
over a decade are not considered to be on the top of their game. LANCE was 12 when Guimard produced
his last TdF winner. But he still has his fans though.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

JTN <[email protected]> wrote:
> input this into your equation. guimard made good cyclist TDF winners

> remember when guimard took over the cofidis for a short period. julich took third shortly
> there after.

> guimard is the best due to the fact he can take a good cyclist and make them a great cyclist. most
> of the others just get a great cyclist and build a team around them.

Guimard was fired after the 1997 season. Julich took his TdF podium in the year following. It's a
stretch to give him any credit for that.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

Chris M wrote:
> Like him or not Guimard is known for results, not smiles. Poor Frank is a bit bitter.

Bob Schwartz responds:
> I dunno, maybe it's just me. But I think that most people that haven't produced anything of note
> for over a decade are not considered to be on the top of their game. LANCE was 12 when Guimard
> produced his last TdF winner. But he still has his fans though.

Having twice been assigned to Guimard's vehicle as a commissaire in a UCI race, my assessment is
that he is a lying, cheating, arrogant jerk. Other than that he seems to be a fine human being.

-Les Earnest

"Les Earnest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> Having twice been assigned to Guimard's vehicle as a commissaire in a UCI race, my assessment is
> that he is a lying, cheating, arrogant jerk. Other than that he seems to be a fine human being.
>
> -Les Earnest

Sounds like he should be a candidate for CEO of the USOC.

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Les Earnest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > Having twice been assigned to Guimard's vehicle as a commissaire
in a
> > UCI race, my assessment is that he is a lying, cheating, arrogant
jerk.
> > Other than that he seems to be a fine human being.
>
> Sounds like he should be a candidate for CEO of the USOC.

Then he could have twins and retire.

Les Earnest <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Chris M wrote:
> > Like him or not Guimard is known for results, not smiles. Poor Frank is a bit bitter.
>
> Bob Schwartz responds:
> > I dunno, maybe it's just me. But I think that most people that haven't produced anything of note
> > for over a decade are not considered to be on the top of their game. LANCE was 12 when Guimard
> > produced his last TdF winner. But he still has his fans though.
>
> Having twice been assigned to Guimard's vehicle as a commissaire in a UCI race, my assessment is
> that he is a lying, cheating, arrogant jerk. Other than that he seems to be a fine human being.

Guimard has a reputation for being self centered & a jerk at times. On the otherhanhd I have not
heard that Guimard is unethical. So what is your evidence??
> -Les Earnest

Les Earnest wrote:
>
> Chris M wrote:
> > Like him or not Guimard is known for results, not smiles. Poor Frank is a bit bitter.
>
> Bob Schwartz responds:
> > I dunno, maybe it's just me. But I think that most people that haven't produced anything of note
> > for over a decade are not considered to be on the top of their game. LANCE was 12 when Guimard
> > produced his last TdF winner. But he still has his fans though.
>

Hey, invite him on over to rbr.

Status
Not open for further replies.