Gulf shores, Alabama

Denny

Guest
I'm going to be in Gulf Shores next week. Is it a good place to ride road bikes? Good roads? Any
help would be appreciated.

Denny

"Denny" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm going to be in Gulf Shores next week. Is it a good place to ride road bikes? Good roads? Any
> help would be appreciated.

I was there last year, and didn't see many good places to ride. Didn't see any bikes there at all;
but they were having unseasonably cold weather (actually had to wear a coat! :)

It's *flat* there, and there did seem to be a lot of flat stretches of nice highway; but the
shoulders were narrow, and traffic was fairly high. Not what I'd call ideal for cycling.

-Barry

When I went I enjoyed it. Traffic was light and polite. It is flat as you might expect. I
really enjoyed cycling there. I did a ride up to the ferry to Dauphin Island (near Mobile AL)
and back. Enjoy it.