Gulf shores, Alabama

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Denny, Mar 20, 2003.

  1. Denny

    Denny Guest

    I'm going to be in Gulf Shores next week. Is it a good place to ride road bikes? Good roads? Any
    help would be appreciated.

    Denny

    Tags:

  2. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    "Denny" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm going to be in Gulf Shores next week. Is it a good place to ride road bikes? Good roads? Any
    > help would be appreciated.

    I was there last year, and didn't see many good places to ride. Didn't see any bikes there at all;
    but they were having unseasonably cold weather (actually had to wear a coat! :)

    It's *flat* there, and there did seem to be a lot of flat stretches of nice highway; but the
    shoulders were narrow, and traffic was fairly high. Not what I'd call ideal for cycling.

    -Barry

  3. Rivermist

    Rivermist Guest

    When I went I enjoyed it. Traffic was light and polite. It is flat as you might expect. I
    really enjoyed cycling there. I did a ride up to the ferry to Dauphin Island (near Mobile AL)
    and back. Enjoy it.