Gun Ownership In Usa

Criminals do not buy guns legally.

So, how will putting more restrictions on law abiding citizens reduce the horrendous black on black handgun murders in say Chicago where guns are essentially verboten?

There is no correlation real between mental illness and violence. Politicians and ignorant masses would have you believe there is, but it just isn't supported by available data. People committing violent crimes are almost always in their right mind when doing so. evil is just evil. @Shark425 's example of a person that suddenly "nuts up" is a prime example of this ignorance. Truth be told the line between mental health and physical illness is more imaginary than real. If you deny somebody a right because of mental illness you may as well deny somebody the same right for having a cold or the flu. It is ridiculous.

There is no correlation real between mental illness and violence. Politicians and ignorant masses would have you believe there is, but it just isn't supported by available data. People committing violent crimes are almost always in their right mind when doing so. evil is just evil. @Shark425 's example of a person that suddenly "nuts up" is a prime example of this ignorance. Truth be told the line between mental health and physical illness is more imaginary than real. If you deny somebody a right because of mental illness you may as well deny somebody the same right for having a cold or the flu. It is ridiculous.

I don't have an r value but weren't an estimated 80-90% of the mass shooters on a CNS drug for a mental condition? SSRI and others. There is a real correlation between violence in youth who take SSRIs.....the statistics are right on the FDA website.....from the clinical trials.

I suspect your definition of mental illness mirrors that from the Psychologist who do not consider depressed or anxious people to be mentally ill; rather, they are just their routine customers.

Anyone who is prescribed a mind altering medicatation like an SSRI should have that listed in the FBI NICS database so that they cannot buy a gun and they should have their guns taken from him although some might argue it is their right to kill themselves but too many mentally ill kill others. They should not have guns.

I do agree that evil is evil. It needs to be hunted down. What we need are leaders who go after gangs instead of LPDs trolling for soccer moms rolling stop signs.

http://www.katc.com/story/31248189/acadiana-law-enforcement-unites-to-find-gremlins-gang

There is probably a correlation between random mass shootings and mental illness, but not between all gun violence and mental illness.

There is probably a correlation between random mass shootings and mental illness, but not between all gun violence and mental illness.

With no employment prospects, gang life predominates and black on black and young Latino males kill each other at an alarmingly high rate.

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~japhill/sp802.pdf

I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the country and we do not have murders and yet, we have plenty of mentally ill people. Nonetheless, mental illness and guns do not mix. Owning firearms is an enormous responsibility and right. From what I understand nearly all of these mass murdering shooters were being treated for some sort of mental illness and were on medication. Federal law precludes gun ownership if someone is mentally ill. If someone is on SSRIs, they should not have guns because we know and have known that SSRIs increase violence behavior.

SSRIs are responsible for more murders than AR rifles......by far.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/851480

http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001875

Regulation of gun ownership of the mentally ill is a good idea. What concerns me is when the Feds get involved in deciding who is mentally ill.

I think gun owners should take a lot of psychological test. They should be responsible and keep their guns away from their kids. That's the only problem I think.

I think people should have to pass a psychological test before they can reproduce and prove financial responsibility.

So, how will putting more restrictions on law abiding citizens reduce the horrendous black on black handgun murders in say Chicago where guns are essentially verboten?
FWIW I think they have gun stores, handguns, and discretionary carry in the city now. A court case knocked down the Safe Streets act.