Gunnar question for A. Muzi at Yellow Jersey or others with Surgio crank

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Feb 16, 2006.

  1. I am ordering a Gunnar Rodie and plan to use a Surgio XD600 crank with
    a ten speed cassette. My goal is to have a chainline that centers the
    middle ring on the rear cassette. What length BB should I use?

    Tags:

  2. Andy M-S

    Andy M-S Guest

    My 9-speed setup with an XD crank is just about perfectly centered with
    a 113 BB. You could also use a 115, but I think 113 is the standard
    recommendation, and I just checked on my bike, and it looks perfect.

  3. Thanks that is a great help.

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I am ordering a Gunnar Rodie and plan to use a Surgio XD600 crank with
    > a ten speed cassette. My goal is to have a chainline that centers the
    > middle ring on the rear cassette. What length BB should I use?

    Sugino single? double? triple?. Chart is here:
    http://www.yellowjersey.org/cranx2.html

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

  5. Hank Wirtz

    Hank Wirtz Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I am ordering a Gunnar Rodie and plan to use a Surgio XD600 crank with
    > a ten speed cassette. My goal is to have a chainline that centers the
    > middle ring on the rear cassette. What length BB should I use?

    If you're going with a Surgio crank, I'd suggest the Surgio Mendez, with the
    "Brazil" 66mm BCD.

    :)

    OH! You meant a SUGINO crank....I used a 113 with my Sugino XD on an old
    Peugeot, and that worked great.

  6. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On 16 Feb 2006 05:24:44 -0800, "[email protected]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am ordering a Gunnar Rodie and plan to use a Surgio XD600 crank with
    >a ten speed cassette. My goal is to have a chainline that centers the
    >middle ring on the rear cassette. What length BB should I use?

    113-118 JIS is my guess. I'd try a Shimano UN5? x 113. I don't know
    if the Shimano 115 is still easy to buy.