Gunnar question for A. Muzi at Yellow Jersey or others with Surgio crank

I am ordering a Gunnar Rodie and plan to use a Surgio XD600 crank with
a ten speed cassette. My goal is to have a chainline that centers the
middle ring on the rear cassette. What length BB should I use?

My 9-speed setup with an XD crank is just about perfectly centered with
a 113 BB. You could also use a 115, but I think 113 is the standard
recommendation, and I just checked on my bike, and it looks perfect.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I am ordering a Gunnar Rodie and plan to use a Surgio XD600 crank with
> a ten speed cassette. My goal is to have a chainline that centers the
> middle ring on the rear cassette. What length BB should I use?

If you're going with a Surgio crank, I'd suggest the Surgio Mendez, with the
"Brazil" 66mm BCD.

:)

OH! You meant a SUGINO crank....I used a 113 with my Sugino XD on an old
Peugeot, and that worked great.

On 16 Feb 2006 05:24:44 -0800, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I am ordering a Gunnar Rodie and plan to use a Surgio XD600 crank with
>a ten speed cassette. My goal is to have a chainline that centers the
>middle ring on the rear cassette. What length BB should I use?

113-118 JIS is my guess. I'd try a Shimano UN5? x 113. I don't know
if the Shimano 115 is still easy to buy.