Guns On Bikes???

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc archive' started by [email protected], Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Why in the world would you need to carry a gun while riding a bike? If it is truly that bad where
    you ride, I'd suggest another route. I live in Florida and also possess a CCW but would never
    consider carrying a gun on my bike. While the laws vary from state to state as to where a gun may
    be carried or how it may be transported, most agree on one thing. The use of "deadly force" MAY be
    allowed in a situation where there is absolutely no other option. This means if you are able to
    run away or otherwise avoid a conflict you ARE NOT justified to use deadly force. Depending upon
    the state you're in, these conditions may not apply if you are in your home. In Florida, for
    example, a law known as the Castle Doctrine says you MAY have the right to use deadly force,
    without withdrawling, within your home should you believe yourself or your family is in iminant
    danger. Notice that I capitolized the words MAY. This is because, should you shoot someone,
    whether or not you were justified to use deadly force will most likely be decided by a jury.
    Anytime you use a gun, even if you just point it at someone, it becomes a very serious situation
    and you will be held accountable for your actions. If you do have a CCW in the state you're in,
    you should know it is your responsibility, and no one elses, to know and understand all the laws
    governing it. So please, be a responsible gun owner, be wise, and leave the gun at home when
    you're out riding. Take care - BUBBA

    Tags:

  2. Tbone

    Tbone Guest

    or don't buy a gun in the first place

    "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Why in the world would you need to carry a gun while riding a bike? If it
    is
    > truly that bad where you ride, I'd suggest another route. I live in
    Florida
    > and also possess a CCW but would never consider carrying a gun on my bike. While the laws vary
    > from state to state as to where a gun may be carried
    or
    > how it may be transported, most agree on one thing. The use of "deadly force" MAY be allowed in a
    > situation where there is absolutely no other option. This means if you are able to run away or
    > otherwise avoid a
    conflict
    > you ARE NOT justified to use deadly force. Depending upon the state you're in, these conditions
    > may not apply if you are in your home. In Florida,
    for
    > example, a law known as the Castle Doctrine says you MAY have the right to use deadly force,
    > without withdrawling, within your home should you
    believe
    > yourself or your family is in iminant danger. Notice that I capitolized
    the
    > words MAY. This is because, should you shoot someone, whether or not you were justified to use
    > deadly force will most likely be decided by a jury. Anytime you use a gun, even if you just point
    > it at someone, it becomes a very serious situation and you will be held accountable for your
    > actions.
    If
    > you do have a CCW in the state you're in, you should know it is your responsibility, and no one
    > elses, to know and understand all the laws governing it. So please, be a responsible gun owner, be
    > wise, and leave
    the
    > gun at home when you're out riding. Take care - BUBBA

  3. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Thanks BUBBA. I'll take care of myself while armed with a concealed pistol on my bike. You take care
    of yourself however you wish. Your opinions are - hit the dictionary now - anile. I'm sure your
    opinions are heartfelt like all opinions are. The only value in opinion is from the investment in
    them and their expression. It appears that your investment is slim - depauperate and intellectually
    impoverished.

    I trust that this isn't the Pampering Baron of Florida.

    "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Why in the world would you need to carry a gun while riding a bike? If it
    is
    | truly that bad where you ride, I'd suggest another route. I live in
    Florida
    | and also possess a CCW but would never consider carrying a gun on my bike. While the laws vary
    | from state to state as to where a gun may be carried
    or
    | how it may be transported, most agree on one thing. The use of "deadly force" MAY be allowed in a
    | situation where there is absolutely no other option. This means if you are able to run away or
    | otherwise avoid a
    conflict
    | you ARE NOT justified to use deadly force. Depending upon the state you're in, these conditions
    | may not apply if you are in your home. In Florida,
    for
    | example, a law known as the Castle Doctrine says you MAY have the right to use deadly force,
    | without withdrawling, within your home should you
    believe
    | yourself or your family is in iminant danger. Notice that I capitolized
    the
    | words MAY. This is because, should you shoot someone, whether or not you were justified to use
    | deadly force will most likely be decided by a jury. Anytime you use a gun, even if you just point
    | it at someone, it becomes a very serious situation and you will be held accountable for your
    | actions.
    If
    | you do have a CCW in the state you're in, you should know it is your responsibility, and no one
    | elses, to know and understand all the laws governing it. So please, be a responsible gun owner, be
    | wise, and leave
    the
    | gun at home when you're out riding. Take care - BUBBA

  4. Ken ]NY)

    Ken ]NY) Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:05:45 GMT, "[email protected]"
    <[email protected]> mumbled incoherently:

    >Why in the world would you need to carry a gun while riding a bike?

    Because some of us want to. I carry mine in a fanny pack. It does not take up much room and
    it has a mag frame so it's light. Mind your own business.

    Cordially, Ken (NY) Chairman, Department Of Redundancy Department
    ___________________________________
    email: http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm

    "Part of the solution for the environmental crisis may well lie in our ability to achieve a better

    -Al Gore, 'Earth In The Balance' page 213

    Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
    R: Telling your parents you’re gay.

    spammers can send mail to [email protected]

  5. Trg

    Trg Guest

  6. OOOUCH! How does one get so paranoid? Not enough hugs as a child, maybe. You see, Doug, those of us
    that do not suffer from from low self-esteem do not feel the need to carry guns everywhere we go,
    nor do we need to try and use elaborated words to make ourselves feel important. So please forgive
    me for not being able to relate to your reasoning. By the way, depauperate refers to a state of
    impoverishment. Therefore, your statement is redundant. Do try better - BUBBA

    Doug Huffman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks BUBBA. I'll take care of myself while armed with a concealed
    pistol
    > on my bike. You take care of yourself however you wish. Your opinions are - hit the dictionary now
    > - anile. I'm sure your opinions are
    heartfelt
    > like all opinions are. The only value in opinion is from the investment
    in
    > them and their expression. It appears that your investment is slim - depauperate and
    > intellectually impoverished.
    >
    > I trust that this isn't the Pampering Baron of Florida.
    >

    > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | Why in the world would you need to carry a gun while riding a bike? If
    it
    > is
    > | truly that bad where you ride, I'd suggest another route. I live in
    > Florida
    > | and also possess a CCW but would never consider carrying a gun on my
    bike.
    > | While the laws vary from state to state as to where a gun may be carried
    > or
    > | how it may be transported, most agree on one thing. The use of "deadly force" MAY be allowed in
    > | a situation where there is absolutely no other option. This means if you are able to run away or
    > | otherwise avoid a
    > conflict
    > | you ARE NOT justified to use deadly force. Depending upon the state
    you're
    > | in, these conditions may not apply if you are in your home. In Florida,
    > for
    > | example, a law known as the Castle Doctrine says you MAY have the right
    > | use deadly force, without withdrawling, within your home should you
    > believe
    > | yourself or your family is in iminant danger. Notice that I capitolized
    > the
    > | words MAY. This is because, should you shoot someone, whether or not you were justified to use
    > | deadly force will most likely be decided by a
    jury.
    > | Anytime you use a gun, even if you just point it at someone, it becomes
    > | very serious situation and you will be held accountable for your
    actions.
    > If
    > | you do have a CCW in the state you're in, you should know it is your responsibility, and no one
    > | elses, to know and understand all the laws governing it. So please, be a responsible gun owner,
    > | be wise, and leave
    > the
    > | gun at home when you're out riding. Take care - BUBBA

  7. You have to consider where and when you ride. I thought about it when I lived outside of Miami.
    There may be a few places where this is necessary. Some people just carry them for insurance. I
    guess lugging around a few pounds of steel your whole life for the off chance you will get in a
    situation where a gun gets you out of trouble (more than the chance it gets you into more trouble)
    is worth it to some people. Other than that, some people just like carrying a gun around.

    It is somewhat like the roads versus paths argument, where some say either is totally idiotic. It
    depends on the cyclist, road, the path, the traffic on the road or path, the time of day,
    head/tailwinds, your mood, etc. I ride to and from work where a path and road are roughly parallel.
    I take all different combinations.

    "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Why in the world would you need to carry a gun while riding a bike? If it
    is
    > truly that bad where you ride, I'd suggest another route. I live in
    Florida
    > and also possess a CCW but would never consider carrying a gun on my bike. While the laws vary
    > from state to state as to where a gun may be carried
    or
    > how it may be transported, most agree on one thing. The use of "deadly force" MAY be allowed in a
    > situation where there is absolutely no other option. This means if you are able to run away or
    > otherwise avoid a
    conflict
    > you ARE NOT justified to use deadly force. Depending upon the state you're in, these conditions
    > may not apply if you are in your home. In Florida,
    for
    > example, a law known as the Castle Doctrine says you MAY have the right to use deadly force,
    > without withdrawling, within your home should you
    believe
    > yourself or your family is in iminant danger. Notice that I capitolized
    the
    > words MAY. This is because, should you shoot someone, whether or not you were justified to use
    > deadly force will most likely be decided by a jury. Anytime you use a gun, even if you just point
    > it at someone, it becomes a very serious situation and you will be held accountable for your
    > actions.
    If
    > you do have a CCW in the state you're in, you should know it is your responsibility, and no one
    > elses, to know and understand all the laws governing it. So please, be a responsible gun owner, be
    > wise, and leave
    the
    > gun at home when you're out riding. Take care - BUBBA

  8. Let me guess, you got anile and depauperate from your "NRA thesaurus of arcane insults"? I guess
    they didn't offer advice that metaphors work best singly - slim, depauperate and impoverished?

    "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:hp-dnRx0F-2nB6HdRVn-
    [email protected]
    > Thanks BUBBA. I'll take care of myself while armed with a concealed
    pistol
    > on my bike. You take care of yourself however you wish. Your opinions are - hit the dictionary now
    > - anile. I'm sure your opinions are
    heartfelt
    > like all opinions are. The only value in opinion is from the investment
    in
    > them and their expression. It appears that your investment is slim - depauperate and
    > intellectually impoverished.
    >
    > I trust that this isn't the Pampering Baron of Florida.
    >

    > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | Why in the world would you need to carry a gun while riding a bike? If
    it
    > is
    > | truly that bad where you ride, I'd suggest another route. I live in
    > Florida
    > | and also possess a CCW but would never consider carrying a gun on my
    bike.
    > | While the laws vary from state to state as to where a gun may be carried
    > or
    > | how it may be transported, most agree on one thing. The use of "deadly force" MAY be allowed in
    > | a situation where there is absolutely no other option. This means if you are able to run away or
    > | otherwise avoid a
    > conflict
    > | you ARE NOT justified to use deadly force. Depending upon the state
    you're
    > | in, these conditions may not apply if you are in your home. In Florida,
    > for
    > | example, a law known as the Castle Doctrine says you MAY have the right
    > | use deadly force, without withdrawling, within your home should you
    > believe
    > | yourself or your family is in iminant danger. Notice that I capitolized
    > the
    > | words MAY. This is because, should you shoot someone, whether or not you were justified to use
    > | deadly force will most likely be decided by a
    jury.
    > | Anytime you use a gun, even if you just point it at someone, it becomes
    > | very serious situation and you will be held accountable for your
    actions.
    > If
    > | you do have a CCW in the state you're in, you should know it is your responsibility, and no one
    > | elses, to know and understand all the laws governing it. So please, be a responsible gun owner,
    > | be wise, and leave
    > the
    > | gun at home when you're out riding. Take care - BUBBA

  9. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    So your dictionary didn't include 'anile'? Or you went to your pop-psychology textbook? Lets ride,
    you leave the philosophizing to me.

    "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:8nb%[email protected]...
> [...]
    | > | use deadly force, without withdrawling, within your home should you
    | > believe
    | > | yourself or your family is in iminant danger. Notice that I
    capitolized
    | > the
    | > | words MAY. This is because, should you shoot someone, whether or not
    you
    | > | were justified to use deadly force will most likely be decided by a
    | jury.
    | > | Anytime you use a gun, even if you just point it at someone, it
    becomes
    | > | very serious situation and you will be held accountable for your
    | actions.
    | > If
    | > | you do have a CCW in the state you're in, you should know it is your responsibility, and no
    | > | one elses, to know and understand all the laws governing it. So please, be a responsible gun
    leave
    | > the
    | > | gun at home when you're out riding. Take care - BUBBA
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |

  10. Oooh! the old "pop psychology" comeback. That's about as original as platform shoes. I'm just
    wondering when we get to the part where you say "If people like you ran America, we would be
    speaking (German, Russian, Arabic, etc.) right now".

    As if carrying around a concealed handgun is a purely logical thing, with no emotional factors at
    all. I feel and act different when I drive the big diesel work truck versus my lay back and be
    friendly recumbent bike. I feel different when I'm carrying a gun. At first it is kind of exciting
    and comforting, but after a while, either creeps me out. Maybe after a long while you pretty much
    forget about it - rather like the shotgun in my closet.

    Here's where the guns on bikes thing didn't work: Truck driver yells at cyclist to get off road (you
    can bet that was true) cyclist flips off trucker (would he if he wasn't carrying?). Trucker drives
    towards cyclist, who pulls piece and tries to play Barney Fife - pretty stupid since the charges
    reflect he was carrying illegally. Cyclist wounds driver - who then rams cyclist (He could have
    probably killed him and gotten away with it). Cyclist arrested for murder 2.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04040/270970.stm

    Not that legal concealed carry is a big issue, but the I've got a gun - I'm not going to take that
    crap is a valid facet. you know, like westerns where everyone was packing so every slight turns
    into a duel.

    It reminds me of the video where a Moron purposefully has a fender bender with a neighbor who likes
    pull out the wrong way down a road Y in front of his house so he can save a half minute or so.
    Moron's wife is videoing the whole thing (can you say premeditated?) His stupidity is further proven
    by his openly approaching his neighbor's truck with his gun out. His neighbor slides out the other
    side with his 357, using his big truck as cover. The guy completely validates his stupidity by
    standing there and having a "quick draw" contest with a guy who already has cover and the drop on
    him. The video ends with Moron's wife screaming "He's down, stop shooting him!" while Neighbor
    methodically puts the last of three bullets in his now kneeling body. I just hope he didn't have
    kids - for their and the gene pool's sake.

    "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:LPWdnS2BQrW34KDdRVn-
    [email protected]
    > So your dictionary didn't include 'anile'? Or you went to your pop-psychology textbook? Lets ride,
    > you leave the philosophizing to me.
    >

    > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:8nb%[email protected]...
    > | OOOUCH! How does one get so paranoid? Not enough hugs as a child,
    maybe.
    > | You see, Doug, those of us that do not suffer from from low self-esteem
    do
    > | not feel the need to carry guns everywhere we go, nor do we need to try
    > and
    > | use elaborated words to make ourselves feel important. So please forgive
    > me
    > | for not being able to relate to your reasoning. By the way, depauperate refers to a state of
    > | impoverishment. Therefore,
    > your
    > | statement is redundant. Do try better - BUBBA
    > |
    > | Doug Huffman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:hp-dnRx0F-2nB6HdRVn-
    > | [email protected]
    > | > Thanks BUBBA. I'll take care of myself while armed with a concealed
    > | pistol
    > | > on my bike. You take care of yourself however you wish. Your
    opinions
    > | > are - hit the dictionary now - anile. I'm sure your opinions are
    > | heartfelt
    > | > like all opinions are. The only value in opinion is from the
    investment
    > | in
    > | > them and their expression. It appears that your investment is slim - depauperate and
    > | > intellectually impoverished.
    > | >
    > | > I trust that this isn't the Pampering Baron of Florida.
    > | >

    > | > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | > news:[email protected]...
    If
    > | it
    > | > is
    > | > Florida
    > | bike.
    > carried
    > | > or
    > other
    > | > conflict
    > | you're
    > Florida,
    > | > for
    > right
    > | > believe
    > capitolized
    > | > the
    > you
    > | jury.
    > becomes
    > | actions.
    > | > If
    laws
    > leave
    > | > the
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |

  11. I've often thought about carry a gun while riding. Not a real one, a replica or realistic looking
    toy one. Carried in plain sight.

    I wouldn't draw it naturally, just wear in on my back or strapped to my waist. Now how many yahoos
    are going to delibrately buzz me or throw garbage at me, seeing what they think is an Uzi?

    Chris Law Greater Newark, DE

  12. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Every LEO will 'buzz' you or dump on you. It is a crime called 'pointing', 'brandishing' or
    'presenting' in all but open carry states. And you took care of that with a sub-machine gun
    look-alike.

    If'n you're gonna pack heat then it better be real enough a 'packin' that you know what you're
    doin'. Either run with the big dogs or stay on the porch.

    "Christopher R. Law" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m10.aol.com...
    | I've often thought about carry a gun while riding. Not a real one, a
    replica or
    | realistic looking toy one. Carried in plain sight.
    |
    | I wouldn't draw it naturally, just wear in on my back or strapped to my
    waist.
    | Now how many yahoos are going to delibrately buzz me or throw garbage at
    me,
    | seeing what they think is an Uzi?
    |
    | Chris Law Greater Newark, DE

  13. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Not 'simply carrying' but openly carrying. In my state, if my legally concealed weapon 'prints'
    through my jacket then I am liable to a charge of 'brandishing.' Remember too that it is a charge
    and only proven by a trier of fact - a judge/jury.

    There is quite some comment on the 'net now about 'it isn't the crime but the 'seriousness' of the
    charge'. This in the day of PC. I hate PC.

    "Christopher R. Law" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m27.aol.com...
    | >Every LEO will 'buzz' you or dump on you. It is a crime called
    'pointing',
    | >'brandishing' or 'presenting' in all but open carry states. And you took care of that with a sub-
    | >machine gun look-alike.
    |
    | Naturally, I would only do what the law allows. I grew up in Vermont where
    back
    | window gunracks seemed to be standard equipment on most pickups. Even
    tractors
    | had carriers (for the odd woodchuck).
    |
    | I wasn't aware that simply carrying - just carrying, not pointing or threatening with, a toy gun
    | would also fall under the brandishing rule.
    Guess
    | us kids in Vermont broke that law every day. Heck we even pointed them at
    each
    | other and went "bang, bang." Whats that now, the death penalty?
    |
    | Bought my first (and only) .22 at the Ben Franklin's 5 and 10 cent store.
    No ID
    | and they didn't even ask me my age.
    |
    | Chris Law Greater Newark, DE

  14. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Christopher R. Law" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Every LEO will 'buzz' you or dump on you. It is a crime called
    'pointing',
    > >'brandishing' or 'presenting' in all but open carry states. And you took care of that with a sub-
    > >machine gun look-alike.
    >
    > Naturally, I would only do what the law allows. I grew up in Vermont where
    back
    > window gunracks seemed to be standard equipment on most pickups. Even
    tractors
    > had carriers (for the odd woodchuck).
    >
    > I wasn't aware that simply carrying - just carrying, not pointing or threatening with, a toy gun
    > would also fall under the brandishing rule.
    Guess
    > us kids in Vermont broke that law every day. Heck we even pointed them at
    each
    > other and went "bang, bang." Whats that now, the death penalty?

    There's a story I like to tell about this: A couple of summers ago, a few of the neighborhood teens
    had taken it into their heads to spraypaint squirtguns black. From more than 5' away, they looked
    just like a .45 pistol. I cornered them one afternoon, and told them exactly what would happen "One
    of the crazy old ladies on the street will see you with that thing, and call the cops. They'll get a
    report of "A tall black kid walking down the stret with a weapon." So they're going to be on edge
    already. When they pull up, you'll be lucky not to get shot if you turn around wrong."

    So I confiscated the 'guns' and the can of paint. 'If you want it back, tell your parent(s) to come
    get it' (None ever did)

    A week or so later, one of the kids that wasn't there had exactly that happen. Someone saw him,
    called it in, big hoohaa with the cops.

    I don't remember the charge, but he was found guilty and placed on house arrest all sumer.

    Pete

  15. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Good cautionary story.

    IF you're gong to arm yourself then do it responsibly. If you're going to ride a bicycle then do it
    responsibly. If you're going to opine publicly then do it responsibly.

    "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | "Christopher R. Law" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    | m27.aol.com...
    | > >Every LEO will 'buzz' you or dump on you. It is a crime called
    | 'pointing',
    | > >'brandishing' or 'presenting' in all but open carry states. And you
    took
    | > >care of that with a sub-machine gun look-alike.
    | >
    | > Naturally, I would only do what the law allows. I grew up in Vermont
    where
    | back
    | > window gunracks seemed to be standard equipment on most pickups. Even
    | tractors
    | > had carriers (for the odd woodchuck).
    | >
    | > I wasn't aware that simply carrying - just carrying, not pointing or threatening with, a toy gun
    | > would also fall under the brandishing rule.
    | Guess
    | > us kids in Vermont broke that law every day. Heck we even pointed them
    at
    | each
    | > other and went "bang, bang." Whats that now, the death penalty?
    |
    | There's a story I like to tell about this: A couple of summers ago, a few of the neighborhood
    | teens had taken it into their heads to spraypaint squirtguns black. From more than 5' away, they
    | looked just like a .45 pistol. I cornered them one afternoon, and told them exactly what would
    | happen "One of the crazy old ladies on the street will see you with that thing,
    and
    | call the cops. They'll get a report of "A tall black kid walking down the stret with a weapon." So
    | they're going to be on edge already. When they pull up, you'll be lucky not to get shot if you
    | turn around wrong."
    |
    | So I confiscated the 'guns' and the can of paint. 'If you want it back,
    tell
    | your parent(s) to come get it' (None ever did)
    |
    | A week or so later, one of the kids that wasn't there had exactly that happen. Someone saw him,
    | called it in, big hoohaa with the cops.
    |
    | I don't remember the charge, but he was found guilty and placed on house arrest all sumer.
    |
    | Pete

  16. Geoff Miller

    Geoff Miller Guest

    Speaking as a driver, I wouldn't hesitate to run over and crush to death any bicyclist who
    brandished a gun at me. I'd even turn around and come back in order to do it, too.

    Of course, if you people would show a bit of courtesy and consideration for others when you ride,
    rather than provoking motorists by riding where you have no business riding, "taking the lane," and
    generally getting underfoot, the matter would never come up to begin with.

    Geoff

    --
    "Dennis Kucinich did his tax return this week, and under 'occupation' he wrote 'Jay Leno punch
    line.'" -- Ann Coulter

  17. Ken ]NY)

    Ken ]NY) Guest

    On 29 Feb 2004 16:12:03 -0800, [email protected] (Geoff Miller)
    mumbled incoherently:

    >Speaking as a driver, I wouldn't hesitate to run over and crush to death any bicyclist who
    >brandished a gun at me. I'd even turn around and come back in order to do it, too.

    Not a very good idea. I shoot "Master" and my rounds travel a lot faster than your car.
    Don't make threats you can't enforce.

    >Of course, if you people would show a bit of courtesy and consideration for others when you ride,
    >rather than provoking motorists by riding where you have no business riding, "taking the lane," and
    >generally getting underfoot, the matter would never come up to begin with.

    I have seen a lot more motorists than drivers with a lack of consideration for others.
    Cyclists don't run motorists off the roadway, it's the other way around. If we get in your
    way, too bad. We have a right to the roadway too.

    Cordially,

    Ken (NY) Chairman, Department Of Redundancy Department
    ___________________________________
    email: http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm

    "Part of the solution for the environmental crisis may well lie in our ability to achieve a better

    -Al Gore, 'Earth In The Balance' page 213

    Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
    R: Telling your parents you’re gay.

    spammers can send mail to [email protected]

  18. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Geoff Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Speaking as a driver, I wouldn't hesitate to run over and crush to death any bicyclist who
    > brandished a gun at me. I'd even turn around and come back in order to do it, too.
    >
    > Of course, if you people would show a bit of courtesy and consideration for others when you ride,
    > rather than provoking motorists by riding where you have no business riding, "taking the lane,"
    > and generally getting underfoot, the matter would never come up to begin with.

    Speaking as a human being, I think you're an asshole.

    Pete

  19. Geoff Miller

    Geoff Miller Guest

    Ken [NY) <[email protected]> blusters:

    > Not a very good idea. I shoot "Master" and my rounds travel a lot faster than your car.

    It's doubtful at best that you'd shoot "master" at a moving target that was jinking as it
    approached, with adrenaline pumping through your body.

    Your entrails would end up strewn across the hot, filthy asphalt. And then, for the final indignity,
    I'd stop, jerk your Spandex down around your knobby little knees, and screw the barrel of your gun
    into what was left of your ass. Punk.

    I've long entertained a theory that in private moments, you spokeheads employ your tire pumps for
    anal self- gratification. Confirm/deny?

    > Don't make threats you can't enforce.

    I don't make "threats," Bubba. I make promises.

    > I have seen a lot more motorists than drivers with a lack of consideration for others.

    Of course you do. You see what you want to see, and believing that motorists are more inconsiderate
    than cyclists dovetails tidily with your agenda and world- view, doesn't it?

    > Cyclists don't run motorists off the roadway, it's the other way around.

    You're glossing over the part about what cyclists do to _deserve_ being run off the road.

    > If we get in your way, too bad. We have a right to the roadway too.

    Spoken like a mature, responsible citizen of the ol' commonweal. That attitude is precisely why
    motorists have come to despise bicyclists.

    Geoff

    --
    "Dennis Kucinich did his tax return this week, and under 'occupation' he wrote 'Jay Leno punch
    line.'" -- Ann Coulter

  20. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest