guy Q..

IEatRice4Dinner

Jul 19, 2004
so guys... i got a q......is it true that riding can cause impotence and effect " the member"?
i think it's all BS but im curious on what u guys think.

IEatRice4Dinner said:
so guys... i got a q......is it true that riding can cause impotence and effect " the member"?
Lack of excercise will do you more harm than cycling.
You would have to cycle all day, every day in order to risk causing impotence. Except for Lance, who had cancer, it does not seem to be a problem even in professional cyclists.
I have read that "extreme downhilling" is hard on the plums, but if you're not doing this, don't worry.

my 2 bits
i am in better physical shape because i ride. better mental shape because of those endorfins and a increased level of physical wellness. and more awarness of my body and what is good and bad for it. my libido is just fine.

A couple of years ago I had problems with keeping it up. I also weighed 300 pounds then and wasn't that interested in sex in general. After losing 100 pounds and cycling this past spring/summer/early fall season between 150 to 200 miles a week at a pretty good clip, I can testify that not only am I hornier than ever, but I no longer have problems with impotence. I'm 47 years old, and cycling/diet/etc has had a drastic improvement on sexual ability.

Sometimes my penis gets numb from sitting for too long in the saddle, that's when I stand up, bounce about a bit, and then continue on. After I got my saddle and handlebar stem dialed in properly and level, the numbness problem is much rarer.

my $.02

Woo

IEatRice4Dinner said:
well, no one yet has mentioned [in this thread]:

1. have a good saddle
2. make sure it's adjusted properly

I had the bad experience with both of these items after riding 90 miles in a day. it was not fun. however, I have fixed both and been much happier since.

-Bullseye