Guys wearing yellow jerseys

dgregory57 said:
I'm thinking brown is safe. Anyone know of any special brown jerseys?

There aren't any!!!

Google only found ONE "brown cycling jersey" .... and that was a Charlie Brown jersey.

I think there have been a few brown shorts but they are custom made... usually during a race, and are to be avoided at all costs.

So, it looks like we're all out of luck. The only safe colour and nobody makes it :(

Whatarewegonnadooooo.................?

The only real safe colour is skin colour, that's why I always ride naked.
But come to think of it, you still have a problem if you're not pinky white, and if you're oriental, for god's sake don't ride naked because you will be called a poser by the OP for pretending to be the tour leader. And if you have skin problems, be careful as people will challenge you on the hills. Oh, and if you're from another planet, be ready with an answer as to where you accumulated all your points from.

:D Tyson

::dom:: said:
There aren't any!!!

Google only found ONE "brown cycling jersey" .... and that was a Charlie Brown jersey.
http://kensbikeski.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=3534

8820220_cbrrn_front_08_f.jpg

That Charlie Brown jersey is pretty cool... not quite at Spongebob level, but pretty cool nonetheless. :cool:

So the leader of that race wears a brown jersey, so brown is off the list of allowable colors...

What can we possibly wear without being posers???

Purple? Does any race have a special purple jersey? Maybe if we all ride around looking like concord grapes?

It is too bad that most of the colors are taken by the racers leaving so few colors for us amateurs... if only there wasn't an arbitrary restriction keeping amateurs from wearing colors just because they have special meanings to racers a few days out of the year half way around the world...

But, we can't change the way things are... we simply must deal with this reality.

Alas... I must now hunt for a purple jersey, and hope that no race decides to start awarding a purple jersey, or I must change my wardrobe again.

dgregory57 said:
So the leader of that race wears a brown jersey, so brown is off the list of allowable colors...

What can we possibly wear without being posers???

Purple? Does any race have a special purple jersey? Maybe if we all ride around looking like concord grapes?

It is too bad that most of the colors are taken by the racers leaving so few colors for us amateurs... if only there wasn't an arbitrary restriction keeping amateurs from wearing colors just because they have special meanings to racers a few days out of the year half way around the world...

But, we can't change the way things are... we simply must deal with this reality.

Alas... I must now hunt for a purple jersey, and hope that no race decides to start awarding a purple jersey, or I must change my wardrobe again.

Don't rush......

::dom:: said:
Is yellow out of bounds just because it's the same colour a the leader of a bike race around France? Is green (TdF Sprint) therefore banned... or pink (giro leader)... or white (TdF Youth leader)... or polka dot (KOM)... or coloured stripes (World Champ)... or Red (Tour of Benelux GC)... or Blue (Benelux points)... or Purple (Giro points)... Orange (Vuelta KOM)... Gold (Vuelta Leader)... so what am I allowed to wear????

Black!!!

Hey, that what I wear anyway... OH! silly me that's the colour for LAST in the Giro d'Italia!!! Don't want to look like a pro looser.

Please Mr I_ride_my_bike tell me what colour would NOT make you laugh at me (or is it just Yellow?). While you're about it be kind enough to tell me what colour bike I should ride

OK enough talk... time for action.

Seeing as we've run out of colours to wear, the only colour that would not have the Yellow Jersey gestapo on our tails could be the last Giro "last place" BLACK jersey... Maglia Nera. This will be politically INcorrect and unsafe and therefore should become an instant hit.... plus it'll look cool.

PowerfulPete: Would you be kind enough to give us the appropriate Italian words or phrase for "last" "last place" "dead last", "fast but last" or word to that effect... something irreverent.... please?

I'm gonna make a limited edition Maglia Nera... who wants one?

BTW... the last person to wear the Maglia Nera in the Giro (1951) was a young man by the name of Giovanni Pinarello... LOL :)

Sillyoldtwit said:
The only real safe colour is skin colour, that's why I always ride naked.
But come to think of it, you still have a problem if you're not pinky white, and if you're oriental, for god's sake don't ride naked because you will be called a poser by the OP for pretending to be the tour leader. And if you have skin problems, be careful as people will challenge you on the hills. Oh, and if you're from another planet, be ready with an answer as to where you accumulated all your points from.

:D Tyson
You crack me up. Funny.

hey cool, once we get past jerseys, can we do team bikes?

you bastards better not get one of these unless you rode Beijing :eek:

s3.png

alienator said:
Oh, I do have two different Livestrong jerseys, and I always wear a Livestrong wristband. I guess my statement there is that I think more money for cancer treatment and research is a good thing. I guess that might be personal since my wife had it, my best friend died of it, a 16 year old cousin died of it. I guess that makes me pretentious, what with hoping for cures for more types of cancer.
Wore a Livestrong shirt to a local Ironman earlier in the year and a guy said "oh, so you're a big Lance Fan, eh?". I just said "not particularly, I just thought supporting Cancer research seemed like a good idea". To his credit he nodded and said, "Fair enough, good on you".

All this talk about what we wear make it sound like a chick thread :eek:

kakman said:
All this talk about what we wear make it sound like a chick thread :eek:
Funny you should mention that ...... because the way to avoid the yellow jersey dilemma is to have a sex-change! ;) :p :eek:

This thread has been great. I had a stack of jerseys I bought when I first got into the sport that I never wear now because I found out they were meaningless in the pro ranks. Now I can wear 3/4 of them because they almost match a race leader's jersey somewhere. Thanks.

PS If someone finds out that a pro race uses a purple jersey to designate a category leader... please let me know.

Crankyfeet said:
...snip....
PS If someone finds out that a pro race uses a purple jersey to designate a category leader... please let me know.

Giro d'Italia - Points leader wears a purple jersey.

I_ride_my_bike said:
I don't know why, but I just have to laugh every time I see a cyclist dressed in all the proper pro gear (which is ok) but when I see these guys wearing yellow jerseys I just have to laugh. C'mon now, what you think your a tour de France champ for wearing a yellow jersey? The reason I bring this up is because I see alot of guys wearing yellow. I really doubt these guys love the colour yellow. They just want to pretend they are champs in their own little world.
+1000000000000

You guys getting all on your high horses give me the *****. I'm mean for chrissake, anyone riding round in the yellow jersey is a tool. Stop beating round the bush and playing your stupid hippy commune PC ******** card and just say it-

Any guy wearing a yellow jersey is a blight on society.

There I said it.

Go on, continue the charade, beat each other off over how friendly and considerate you all are, I'll go live in the real world:D

Real world? :eek: Jono, need I remind you that you are posting on: 1. cyclingforums; and 2. bike cafe'.

WE DO NOT DO REAL WORLD HERE! :)

And for the record, I could really care less what you wear when you ride. No, really.