Guys wearing yellow jerseys

Jono L said:
+1000000000000

You guys getting all on your high horses give me the *****. I'm mean for chrissake, anyone riding round in the yellow jersey is a tool. Stop beating round the bush and playing your stupid hippy commune PC ******** card and just say it-

Any guy wearing a yellow jersey is a blight on society.

There I said it.

Go on, continue the charade, beat each other off over how friendly and considerate you all are, I'll go live in the real world:D
Oh dear Ive got a bad feeling about this. I think jono is turning into pat shaw....run everybody runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

::dom:: said:
Giro d'Italia - Points leader wears a purple jersey.

...or Purple Jesus people :confused:

purple-jesus-tee.jpg

Powerful Pete said:
Whoa. Now THAT is a cool t-shirt. :D

Hey Powerful. I'm actually going to do a "Maglia Nera".... I need borrow some of your Italian.... coz mine is non existent.

I'd like to say something like "last place", "always last"... "just sitting at the back"... nothing serious... can do?

I'm just jumping in because I noticed my post count was 666...

I would have liked to keep it that way, especially the way this thread is going, but I figured nobody would go back and reread my messages if I edited.

I'm really a little surprised that my post count is so low, since over at the other forum it is several times higher, and I joined here first...

I need to start being more of a blabber mouth over here.

If you have the money to buy a tdf jersey then why not.
who wouldn't want to have equipments that the pro uses or anything close to? just like bikes, if you had the money wouldn't you want to buy the best or closest bike as seen for example in tdf?

as for advertising, everything is advertising as long as there's a brand on it.

The Maglia Nera - Completamente Ultimo! (Completely Last!)

Powerful Pete please correct me if this is wrong.

I talked to my supplier this morning and he thinks it's a scream... He making one for me next week... anyone else want one?

They'll be around US$50 + postage/courier.

PM me.

Geoff Vadar said:
Oh dear Ive got a bad feeling about this. I think jono is turning into pat shaw....run everybody runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!
:D We'll see.

I talked to my supplier this morning and he thinks it's a scream... He making one for me next week... anyone else want one?

PM me.
sempre ultimo = always last (I think, it's been a few years since I studied Italian at school)

sempre per ultimo might be more correct, where's PP when you need him?

zaku said:
If you have the money to buy a tdf jersey then why not.
who wouldn't want to have equipments that the pro uses or anything close to? just like bikes, if you had the money wouldn't you want to buy the best or closest bike as seen for example in tdf?

as for advertising, everything is advertising as long as there's a brand on it.
Gee.. no one told me before that these yellow jerseys actually make you go faster. Now... after many years of puzzlement... Liggett and Sherwen's commentary finally makes sense. Thanks Zaku. That yellow jersey might take a bunch of seconds off my next TT if I can get one.

What got me about cracked up yesterday was seeing a guy and girl riding a casual pace side by side, both down on the aero bars, but talking to each other. The kicker was the guy had on a TT helmet.

I bet they were going all of 13 mph. Perhaps they were warming up, but still it is rare to see someone training with a TT helmet on this course. Plus the guy looked like he was about 240 lbs. His body wasn't near as aero as his head with the TT helmet. :)

willocrew said:
Its all in the mind... and thats all that matters...
Willow, obviously the three girls at the bottom of your post think that red jerseys are okay. Who are they, what are they doing, why are they your sign-off logo, and yes I'm nosy.

I_ride_my_bike said:
Somehow I just don't believe these reasons for buying yellow jerseys. Visibility? yeah ok, there are lots of great looking jerseys with discreet reflective striping that will offer mucher better visibility than yellow. As for people spending over $100 on jerseys plastered with corporate logos, you people are stupid. I saw a guy wearing a $120 T mobile jersey and I just had to laugh. He spent good money to freely advertise for a multi billion dollar German telecomunications giant. The corporations love the fact that people are spending money to advertise for them (very bizarre concept in the ad world) but as long as there are people with ego's who want to pretend to be pros, then there is good money being made selling products that advertise various corporations (most of them which have nothing to do with cycling) I don't know whats worse, that or all those guys walking around with those lame Hollister T shirts. Hey look I got a Hollister shirt, I'm just as unoriginal and dependant on whats popular like the rest of you! lol
You must live in a pathetic little world. You may be surprised to know that the huge majority of cyclists - even serious ones - could care less about racing or the attachments that certain colors have to racing.

Yellow is a COLOR for christ's sake. It has no meaning to 99% of cyclists except it's a COLOR. It's not red, blue, green, orange, black or white. Some people like yellow as a COLOR. And yes it is a very visible color, for a "normal" color - as opposed to optic green, fluroescent orange, reflective safety vest etc. Some of us wear the most visible NORMAL colors we can find because we want to be more visible than less, but don't like the dorky ultra-visible stuff.

Follow your handle and ride your bike. Don't be concerned about the colors other people wear because they don't give a rat's ass and your concern is comical.

Just a bit of trivia.
It is considered by some that the yellow jersey was first used in the TDF because it was an unpopular color at the time and was readily available to be used as a leaders jersey.
This is not a confirmed fact but one story that has circulated.

PM me.

I've already got a favorite blackie, thanks.

LOJ.jpg

alienator said:
I've already got a favorite blackie, thanks.

LOJ.jpg

I hope that's not rainbow stripes on the sleeve :p

OK... you've shown me yours .. I'll show you mine. :rolleyes:

I hope that's not rainbow stripes on the sleeve :p

OK... you've shown me yours .. I'll show you mine. :rolleyes:

Here's some rainbows and a little yellow. Very few people and cyclists understand the rainbows.

what if they won those jerseys? I have a yellow jersey & polka dot jersey from tour wins. Even some national kit when I represented my country.

I am damn proud of that stuff and I will wear it whenever i feel like.

I dont get paid to ride my bike yet...who cares?