h*lmets in H"£fords

Rupert Smith

Guest
I know it is very bad practice to mention either helmets or Halfords on this group and I would
normally be the last person to recommend Halfords to anyone... however it seems they are doing very
good deals on new helments at the moment. I bought a new Bell helmet there yesterday (in a lovely
orange colour so everyone can see me coming!) and it was on the shelf reduced from £56 to £36 which
I thought was quite good. When I got to the till for some reason they only charged me £27.49 for it.
Not sure if I just got lucky and there was some sort of mistake in my favour (this was the Reading
Halfords superstore) or if they genuinely are that cheap. Anyway if anyone is looking for a new
helmet it seems like the place to go at the moment.

Rupert

Halfords are okay for helmets. Quality control of much other stuff can be very variable, but for
helmets, they are fine, choice wise & price wise for everyday cycling IME

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Rupert Smith wrote:

> I know it is very bad practice to mention either helmets or Halfords on this group and I would
> normally be the last person to recommend Halfords to anyone... however it seems they are doing
> very good deals on new helments at the moment. I bought a new Bell helmet there yesterday (in a
> lovely orange colour so everyone can see me coming!) and it was on the shelf reduced from £56 to
> £36 which I thought was quite good. When I got to the till for some reason they only charged me
> £27.49 for it. Not sure if I just got lucky and there was some sort of mistake in my favour (this
> was the Reading Halfords superstore) or if they genuinely are that cheap. Anyway if anyone is
> looking for a new helmet it seems like the place to go at the moment.
>
> Rupert

Also worth considering at the moment is a Selev Alien from http://www.probikekit.com/ ( see left of
mainpage) recently reduced to 29.40 pounds , I bought one 3 weeks ago for 36.00pds after doing a urc
google search . I found many useful comments including handy info from pete biggs . My 59cm head
fits the adjustable 56-60cm size perfectly. I turned up for a Sunday run after the purchase to find
five out of the ten riders also had Selev Aliens

davep

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:18:45 -0000, "Rupert Smith" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I know it is very bad practice to mention either helmets or Halfords
snip

>£56 to £36 which I thought was quite good. When I got to the till for some reason they only charged
>me £27.49 for it.
snip
>Anyway if anyone is looking for a new helmet it seems like the place to go at the moment.

You might also try Hampshire County Council's road safety website - adult helmets are
about 16 squid.

Oh all right then - http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/RoadSafetyOnline/aboutus.stm

Regards,

John