HAC4 handlebar mounting bracket problem.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Torsten Amundse, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just bought a HAC4 cyclecomputer and is attempting to install the mounting bracket on my trek
    5500 bike, but i'm not very successful. The problem I am having is that the mounting bracket is too
    small and/or the handlebar diameter is too large, so the mounting bracket does not fit my handlebar.
    I am able to push the mounting bracket over the handlebar but i am unable to fasten it since the
    holes for the screw is too wide apart. Furthermore, given the look of it, the plastic bracket would
    probably break at some point if forced on the handlebar for a longer period (i dont really know how
    solid this plastic is but the thin clamp doesnt really look solid).

Anyone with a hac4 (or any other cyclecomputer) that have the same problem as I? (and hopefully
    solved it).

Are there any products/solutions (maybe some sort of piggyback mounting bracket/clamp) that allow me
    to use the hac4 with my bike

Torsten Amundsen

Tags:

2. Captain's log. On StarDate Mon, 12 May 2003 23:43:37 +0200 received comm from ""Torsten Amundsen"
    <[email protected]> on channel rec.bicycles.tech ":

: I have just bought a HAC4 cyclecomputer and is attempting to install the mounting bracket on my
    : trek 5500 bike, but i'm not very successful. The problem I am having is that the mounting bracket
    : is too small and/or the handlebar diameter is too large, so the mounting bracket does not fit my
    : handlebar. I am able to push the mounting bracket over the handlebar but i am unable to fasten it
    : since the holes for the screw is too wide apart. Furthermore, given the look of it, the plastic
    : bracket would probably break at some point if forced on the handlebar for a longer period (i dont
    : really know how solid this plastic is but the thin clamp doesnt really look solid).
    :
    : Anyone with a hac4 (or any other cyclecomputer) that have the same problem as I? (and hopefully
    : solved it).

Yes, the mounting bracket for my Sigma HRM didn't fit very well on my 3TTT ergonomic handlebar (also
    bigger diameter than normal), so I recently bought a mounting bracket from Polar which works just
    fine (accepts handlebars with larger diameter better and more secure fastening).

"Polar Bike Mount Set"
    http://www.polar.fi/polar/channels/eng/segments/products/S720i/accessories.html

Best regards,

martin törnsten

--
    http://194.236.153.211/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.