HAC4 How to use power data

teleprmpter3

May 21, 2005
Curious as to how others have found HAC4 power data to be useful in training. Has it helped you to understand output level at various effort levels?
Also, any epxreience out there using the Ciclo Tour software to analyze power in relation to other performance data such as heart rate, cadence? : :confused:

teleprmpter3 said:
Curious as to how others have found HAC4 power data to be useful in training. Has it helped you to understand output level at various effort levels?
Also, any epxreience out there using the Ciclo Tour software to analyze power in relation to other performance data such as heart rate, cadence? : :confused:
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

HAC4 power data is indirectly derived from other metrics (such as weight, gradient and speed). Unfortunately it is unusable for any serious applications.

L.

teleprmpter3 said:
I have to agree with Biker-linz, I have a HAC 4 and I've never considered the Power data to be anything more than 'interest only'. That's why Lance uses the HAC 4, but also has a SRM power meter for power training.

I use a HAC4 and ride a lot of hilly miles when it comes into it's own. I don't know whether the power reading is particularly accurate, I have just got my Powertap back from Graber so will offer an opinion soon, but I find it very useful as a comparison. I realised that I was off form on my last couple of rides because I was generating 60 to 80 less Watts relative to my usual output on the hills.