Hachi

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Steve Watkin, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Anyone know what a Hachi looks like? I'm curious.

    SW

    Tags:

  2. Rmg

    Rmg Guest

  3. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

  4. Jeff Wills wrote:

    > Legs- Rob's pretty small, isn't he? What would you think of a dual-700C Hachi for you or me?

    Indeed. He is a squished-down nurk of the first order. Dual-700 would, I'm sure, work fine for us
    non-vertically-challenged types, but that would cost a Several of our Britons' pounds which I cannot
    afford, chiz.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  5. Cbb

    Cbb Guest

    That bike is a pretty amazing piece of engineering. I can't imagine that the advantages of a 700c
    would outweigh the extra height of such a vehicle. It would be interesting to see the results
    though. Craig (also not height challenged but would rather not try to straddle a 700c tire while
    sitting on the ground and moving at 30+ mph.)

    [email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Also a Several of pictures at or near:
    > >
    > > http://www.bikefix.co.uk/Eastway2003/ Photos 12, 15 and 36
    > >
    > > Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/
    >
    > Oh, geez... I'm getting that "big-wheel lowracer" jones again.
    >
    > Legs- Rob's pretty small, isn't he? What would you think of a dual-700C Hachi for you or me?
    >
    > Jeff

  6. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (cbb) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > That bike is a pretty amazing piece of engineering. I can't imagine that the advantages of a 700c
    > would outweigh the extra height of such a vehicle. It would be interesting to see the results
    > though. Craig (also not height challenged but would rather not try to straddle a 700c tire while
    > sitting on the ground and moving at 30+ mph.)

    There'd be no particular advantage either way for me and Dave- we both derive from the genus homo
    sapiens biguglygalootus... we're around 6-foot-4. Rob English is 5-foot-7. I was thinking of what to
    do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house.

    Jeff

  7. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    . I was thinking of what to do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house

    Make Bacchetta Clones.

    --
    Miles of Smiles,

    Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida (remove "nospam" to reply) Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed
    Machine Clone

    www.gate.net/~teblum

  8. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Jeff Wills wrote:
    > ... I was thinking of what to do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house.

    Rename them ISO 622-mm wheels? ;)

  9. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > . I was thinking of what to do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house
    >
    > Make Bacchetta Clones.

    There's a couple 26/26 Bachetta clones in the Portland gang already. I want to build something no
    one else will want to build.

    Jeff

  10. Jeff Wills wrote:

    > I was thinking of what to do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house.

    Pop a couple in the post? I've recently acquired a 51% controlling interest in a Ridgeback Day '01
    (flat bar upright), which requires a pair of wheels and a saddle to render it mobile...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  11. "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > There's a couple 26/26 Bachetta clones in the Portland gang already. I want to build something no
    > one else will want to build.
    Fully faired inline trailer w. dual 700c?

    Torben

  12. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

  13. "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > There's a couple 26/26 Bachetta clones in the Portland gang already. I want to build something
    > > > no one else will want to build.
    > > Fully faired inline trailer w. dual 700c?
    > >
    > > Torben
    >
    > Hmmm... there's an idea- kind of like a Tanjor http://www.lodrag.com/ with big wheels.

    No no _inline_ like rollerblades.

    > Dang it! *Another* project!!