Hachi

Jeff Wills wrote:

> Legs- Rob's pretty small, isn't he? What would you think of a dual-700C Hachi for you or me?

Indeed. He is a squished-down nurk of the first order. Dual-700 would, I'm sure, work fine for us
non-vertically-challenged types, but that would cost a Several of our Britons' pounds which I cannot
afford, chiz.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

That bike is a pretty amazing piece of engineering. I can't imagine that the advantages of a 700c
would outweigh the extra height of such a vehicle. It would be interesting to see the results
though. Craig (also not height challenged but would rather not try to straddle a 700c tire while
sitting on the ground and moving at 30+ mph.)

[email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Also a Several of pictures at or near:
> >
> > http://www.bikefix.co.uk/Eastway2003/ Photos 12, 15 and 36
> >
> > Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/
>
> Oh, geez... I'm getting that "big-wheel lowracer" jones again.
>
> Legs- Rob's pretty small, isn't he? What would you think of a dual-700C Hachi for you or me?
>
> Jeff

[email protected] (cbb) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> That bike is a pretty amazing piece of engineering. I can't imagine that the advantages of a 700c
> would outweigh the extra height of such a vehicle. It would be interesting to see the results
> though. Craig (also not height challenged but would rather not try to straddle a 700c tire while
> sitting on the ground and moving at 30+ mph.)

There'd be no particular advantage either way for me and Dave- we both derive from the genus ****
sapiens biguglygalootus... we're around 6-foot-4. Rob English is 5-foot-7. I was thinking of what to
do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house.

Jeff

. I was thinking of what to do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house

Make Bacchetta Clones.

--
Miles of Smiles,

Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida (remove "nospam" to reply) Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed
Machine Clone

www.gate.net/~teblum

Jeff Wills wrote:
> ... I was thinking of what to do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house.

Rename them ISO 622-mm wheels? ;)

"Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> . I was thinking of what to do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house
>
> Make Bacchetta Clones.

There's a couple 26/26 Bachetta clones in the Portland gang already. I want to build something no
one else will want to build.

Jeff

Jeff Wills wrote:

> I was thinking of what to do with all the 700C wheels that are sitting around the house.

Pop a couple in the post? I've recently acquired a 51% controlling interest in a Ridgeback Day '01
(flat bar upright), which requires a pair of wheels and a saddle to render it mobile...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

"Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > There's a couple 26/26 Bachetta clones in the Portland gang already. I want to build something
> > > no one else will want to build.
> > Fully faired inline trailer w. dual 700c?
> >
> > Torben
>
> Hmmm... there's an idea- kind of like a Tanjor http://www.lodrag.com/ with big wheels.

No no _inline_ like rollerblades.

> Dang it! *Another* project!!