Had enough...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Sorni, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.

    I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an Ultegra bottom bracket just yesterday! Now just need a frame
    and such to go around it.)

    I'm looking forward to just spinning and breathing and looking and rolling, without getting
    beat to hell.

    I'm looking forward to not trashing my equipment every other ride.

    I'm looking forward to growing old without broken bones and stiff joints.

    I'm looking forward to buying slippery shoes.

    I'm looking forward to coming home sweaty, not muddy 'n bloody.

    I'm looking forward to learing how to shave new (but not all!) appendages.

    I'm looking forward to...well, a safe future.

    Been nice knowin' y'all; keep the rubber side down, 'hear?

    Bill "airport access roads, here I come" S.

    Tags:

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    >
    > I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an Ultegra bottom bracket just
    yesterday!
    > Now just need a frame and such to go around it.)
    >
    > I'm looking forward to just spinning and breathing and looking and
    rolling,
    > without getting beat to hell.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to not trashing my equipment every other ride.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to growing old without broken bones and stiff joints.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to buying slippery shoes.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to coming home sweaty, not muddy 'n bloody.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to learing how to shave new (but not all!) appendages.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to...well, a safe future.
    >
    > Been nice knowin' y'all; keep the rubber side down, 'hear?
    >
    > Bill "airport access roads, here I come" S.

    Have you thought of cars? While I have both a racing bike and a mountain bike, I think mountain
    biking is safer because you can't get hit by some idiot SUV driver who's drinking coffee while
    speaking on his cellphone.

    --
    Bob ctviggen at rcn dot com

  3. Sorni wrote:

    > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.

    April Fools to you too!

    Barry

  4. Tdwfl

    Tdwfl Guest

    >"Sorni" [email protected] wrote: >I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an
    Ultegra bottom bracket just yesterday!
    >Now just need a frame and such to go around it.)

    I have a spare 8 speed 105 cranks, Icon threadless 120mm stem and 44cm bar! I like road riding but
    riding the MTB is a nice switch. Occasionally I find myself driving on one of my road routes and
    can't believe how far it is. It never seems that far when you're riding.

    tim

  5. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    >
    > I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an Ultegra bottom bracket just
    yesterday!
    > Now just need a frame and such to go around it.)
    >
    > I'm looking forward to just spinning and breathing and looking and
    rolling,
    > without getting beat to hell.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to not trashing my equipment every other ride.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to growing old without broken bones and stiff joints.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to buying slippery shoes.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to coming home sweaty, not muddy 'n bloody.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to learing how to shave new (but not all!) appendages.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to...well, a safe future.
    >
    > Been nice knowin' y'all; keep the rubber side down, 'hear?
    >
    > Bill "airport access roads, here I come" S.

    Guys! I only have so many single gay men to introduce you all to! Some of you are going to have to
    stay straight ;)

    ~CG

  6. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    > >
    > > I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an Ultegra bottom bracket just
    > yesterday!
    > > Now just need a frame and such to go around it.)
    > >
    > > I'm looking forward to just spinning and breathing and looking and
    > rolling,
    > > without getting beat to hell.
    > >
    > > I'm looking forward to not trashing my equipment every other ride.
    > >
    > > I'm looking forward to growing old without broken bones and stiff
    joints.

    > > I'm looking forward to buying slippery shoes.
    > >
    > > I'm looking forward to coming home sweaty, not muddy 'n bloody.
    > >
    > > I'm looking forward to learing how to shave new (but not all!)
    appendages.

    > > I'm looking forward to...well, a safe future.
    > >
    > > Been nice knowin' y'all; keep the rubber side down, 'hear?
    > >
    > > Bill "airport access roads, here I come" S.
    > >

    > Have you thought of cars? While I have both a racing bike and a mountain bike, I think mountain
    > biking is safer because you can't get hit by some idiot SUV driver who's drinking coffee while
    > speaking on his cellphone.

    Well sure, but the car danger is more than offset by the attractive GR outfits.

    Bill "nobody's fool" S.

  7. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sorni wrote:
    > >
    > > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    >
    > April Fools to you too!

    About what on God's Green Earth are you talking???

    Bill "it's all about the pavement, baby" S.

  8. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    >
    > I'm going roadie. (snip what I hope is BS)

    Damn dude, now that you're in to lattes and Prada, can I get you to send me more parts? :)

    If you go out and buy a Saab now, all hope will be lost.

    I demand you return to Maryland this instant so you can be thrashed in Patapsco, and remember why
    you loved the dirt in the first place.

    Chris

  9. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    |
    | I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an Ultegra bottom bracket just
    yesterday!
    | Now just need a frame and such to go around it.)
    |
    | I'm looking forward to just spinning and breathing and looking and
    rolling,
    | without getting beat to hell.
    |
    | I'm looking forward to not trashing my equipment every other ride.
    |
    | I'm looking forward to growing old without broken bones and stiff joints.
    |
    | I'm looking forward to buying slippery shoes.
    |
    | I'm looking forward to coming home sweaty, not muddy 'n bloody.
    |
    | I'm looking forward to learing how to shave new (but not all!) appendages.
    |
    | I'm looking forward to...well, a safe future.
    |
    | Been nice knowin' y'all; keep the rubber side down, 'hear?
    |
    | Bill "airport access roads, here I come" S.

    Why not do both? Sorry to state what may be deemed obvious, just seems to me like you have the right
    attitude for both.

    Simon.......used to ride road bikes but got fed up with being knocked off, run over, mangling rims,
    shaving legs and wanted to live to be old and without stiff joints!

  10. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    news:%[email protected]...
    > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    <snip>
    > > Have you thought of cars? While I have both a racing bike and a
    mountain
    > > bike, I think mountain biking is safer because you can't get hit by some idiot SUV driver who's
    > > drinking coffee while speaking on his cellphone.
    >
    > Well sure, but the car danger is more than offset by the attractive GR outfits.

    Don't forget Cinder Girls distracted by muscular legs. Roadies biking on Skyline and Tunnel Road
    should watch out for a swerving silver car ;)

    ~CG

  11. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    >
    > I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an Ultegra bottom bracket just yesterday! Now just need a frame
    > and such to go around it.)
    >
    > I'm looking forward to just spinning and breathing and looking and rolling, without getting beat
    > to hell.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to not trashing my equipment every other ride.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to growing old without broken bones and stiff joints.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to buying slippery shoes.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to coming home sweaty, not muddy 'n bloody.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to learing how to shave new (but not all!) appendages.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to...well, a safe future.
    >
    > Been nice knowin' y'all; keep the rubber side down, 'hear?
    >
    > Bill "airport access roads, here I come" S.

    Just confirms my theory that you're not born that way, becoming a GR is a learned behavior. And if
    your parents (or spouse, S.O., etc) pay me $50,000 I'll kidnap you, move you to the back woods of
    Idaho, feed you nothing but elk jerky and beer, slap you on a new Blur and ride your ass off on real
    mountains until you're de-programmed.

    Well, heck, think to come of it, wish sumbuddy'd do that to me!

    Paladin Always willing to help a friend who's lost his mind on April 1. 8-P

  12. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Simon.......used to ride road bikes but got fed up with being knocked off, run over, mangling
    > rims, shaving legs and wanted to live to be old and without stiff joints!

    So you just gave up the being run over and shaving legs part? ;^)

    Mike

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    > > >
    > > > I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an Ultegra bottom bracket just
    > > yesterday!
    > > > Now just need a frame and such to go around it.)
    > > >
    > > > I'm looking forward to just spinning and breathing and looking and
    > > rolling,
    > > > without getting beat to hell.
    > > >
    > > > I'm looking forward to not trashing my equipment every other ride.
    > > >
    > > > I'm looking forward to growing old without broken bones and stiff
    > joints.
    > > >
    > > > I'm looking forward to buying slippery shoes.
    > > >
    > > > I'm looking forward to coming home sweaty, not muddy 'n bloody.
    > > >
    > > > I'm looking forward to learing how to shave new (but not all!)
    > appendages.
    > > >
    > > > I'm looking forward to...well, a safe future.
    > > >
    > > > Been nice knowin' y'all; keep the rubber side down, 'hear?
    > > >
    > > > Bill "airport access roads, here I come" S.
    > > >

    > > Have you thought of cars? While I have both a racing bike and a
    mountain
    > > bike, I think mountain biking is safer because you can't get hit by some idiot SUV driver who's
    > > drinking coffee while speaking on his cellphone.
    >
    > Well sure, but the car danger is more than offset by the attractive GR outfits.
    >
    > Bill "nobody's fool" S.

    Sorni - yer too late by a few hours mate, dead line was midday ',;~P```````

    Shaun aRe

  14. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    >
    > I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an Ultegra bottom bracket just
    yesterday!
    > Now just need a frame and such to go around it.)

    Welcome to the road. I hope you have an Advocacy Group or Club that can help you learn the safety
    aspects of the road. It's much different then dirt.

    Cleanbean, advocacy member.

  15. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:%[email protected]...
    > > "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > yesterday!

    > > > rolling,

    > > joints.

    > > appendages.

    > > > Have you thought of cars? While I have both a racing bike and a
    > mountain
    > > > bike, I think mountain biking is safer because you can't get hit by
    some
    > > > idiot SUV driver who's drinking coffee while speaking on his
    cellphone.

    > > Well sure, but the car danger is more than offset by the attractive GR outfits.
    > >
    > > Bill "nobody's fool" S.
    >
    > Sorni - yer too late by a few hours mate, dead line was midday
    ',;~P```````

    Shaun, you lost me mate*. Original post 8:38 am; reply to reply 9:27 am (both on 4/1 of course).

    *I know, better send out a search party!

    Bill "danged time zones" S.

  16. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Been waiting for the right time to tell you guys.
    > >
    > > I'm going roadie. (Hell, I bought an Ultegra bottom bracket just
    > yesterday!
    > > Now just need a frame and such to go around it.)
    > >
    > Welcome to the road. I hope you have an Advocacy Group or Club that can help you learn the safety
    > aspects of the road. It's much different then dirt.
    >
    > Cleanbean, advocacy member.

    Clean, Clean Clean... Check the date of my "announcement" :)

    Bill "not ruling it out, but staying on dirt for now (and always)" S.

  17. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Shaun, you lost me mate*.

    That's 'cos yer too damned slow to catch me ',;~}

    > Original post 8:38 am; reply to reply 9:27 am (both on 4/1 of course).
    >
    > *I know, better send out a search party!
    >
    > Bill "danged time zones" S.

    Yeah, and me having my stupid head on.......heheheheheh..........

    Shaun aRe