Had Legs

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Badger_South, Jul 25, 2004.

  1. Badger_South

    Badger_South Guest

    Well yesterday's ride (for me) was amazing. When I headed out, I felt
    a strange kind of 'fullness', as though there was energy to burn -
    odd, b/c I felt "slow" and plodding the prev. day, so much so I
    focussed on easy gear spinning and form.

    When I got out on the course, I just took off and shaved 30 seconds
    over my time to a mile post, and was getting faster with each segment.

    My brother finally caught up with me and just looked at me strangely.
    Then he said 'yeah, you've got legs today'.

    Neat feeling.

    This morning, no problems, no additional soreness.

    I like having the ability to 'attack' at any time, and having a higher
    overall speed. Makes me feel more agile. Whenever a car neared that
    could right hook me, I just kicked it and passed the side street
    before the driver could get close. This happened time and time again.

    Never lost the energy, and finished with about 20 miles, avg speed
    18.3mph over the flats.

    Guess I'm sorta hooked now... ;-D

    -B

    Tags:

  2. Hunrobe

    Hunrobe Guest

    wrote in part:

    >When I got out on the course, I just took off and shaved 30 seconds
    >over my time to a mile post, and was getting faster with each segment.

    ---snip---

    >Never lost the energy, and finished with about 20 miles, avg speed
    >18.3mph over the flats.
    >
    >Guess I'm sorta hooked now... ;-D

    It sounds as if you ride the same route every day. Why not try some different
    ones? You'll avoid that "stale" feeling of the same route over and over again;
    you might find a ride (or rides) you like even better; and, best of all, you'll
    have options.

    Regards,
    Bob Hunt

  3. Badger_South

    Badger_South Guest

    On 26 Jul 2004 00:58:18 GMT, [email protected] (Hunrobe) wrote:

    >>Badger_South [email protected]

    >wrote in part:
    >
    >>When I got out on the course, I just took off and shaved 30 seconds
    >>over my time to a mile post, and was getting faster with each segment.

    >---snip---
    >
    >>Never lost the energy, and finished with about 20 miles, avg speed
    >>18.3mph over the flats.
    >>
    >>Guess I'm sorta hooked now... ;-D

    >It sounds as if you ride the same route every day. Why not try some different
    >ones? You'll avoid that "stale" feeling of the same route over and over again;
    >you might find a ride (or rides) you like even better; and, best of all, you'll
    >have options.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Bob Hunt

    Don't know where you get those ideas, officer Bob. I'm not stale, not
    riding the same routes, and I'm on a biking vacation and riding routes
    I've never ridden before the past two weeks.

    -B