Had my first fall last night.

Bourne

Jul 19, 2004
Ouch. My shoulder, knee and elbow sting quite a bit. Some car beeped and I turned to look, and when I turned back I saw I was heading straight for a puddle of mud. I had to just hit it straight on so at least I would head into the grass. As soon as I hid it my bike lost control and I ended up flipping over sideways and falling on my ****.
Luckily I was wearing my helmet, cuz I hit my head quite hard. My neck's a little tender. But I am ok. Interesting experience.

Bourne said:
Ouch. My shoulder, knee and elbow sting quite a bit. Some car beeped and I turned to look, and when I turned back I saw I was heading straight for a puddle of mud. I had to just hit it straight on so at least I would head into the grass. As soon as I hid it my bike lost control and I ended up flipping over sideways and falling on my ****.
Luckily I was wearing my helmet, cuz I hit my head quite hard. My neck's a little tender. But I am ok. Interesting experience.
Sorry to hear it but glad you are just sore. I've only taken one spill recently and a minor one at that. It was enough to tell me I don't bounce as well as I used to. Good luck.

I don't know how long you've been riding, but it's no fun to get into wrecks like that. Hope it's the last one you ever encounter.

ganderctr said:
I don't know how long you've been riding, but it's no fun to get into wrecks like that. Hope it's the last one you ever encounter.
I've been riding since July of last year. But I started riding seriously and with a road bike since October. Thankfully the pain in my shoulder only lasted about 2 days. So I'm riding again and I even rode by where it happened just to see if I could see anything that might have made me fall. Nothing. Well I'll just let that fall serve as experience and hopefully won't fall again.

I just joined this club last week. Up to that point, I just couldn't see how anybody would ever wreck a bike if you were doing everything right. By that I mean not screwing around and riding in a way that is condusive to wrecks. Well, all I was doing was coming up to a stop, got to the point where I unclipped my left shoe, went to step down, and my darn clip went right back in place. Needless to say, I tipped right over. Just as a car was turning down the hill I had just rode up.

I just scuffed up my left knee and pedal. I was more ****** about the scratches on my ride than the blood pouring out my knee.

Lesson learned, I'm not stopping at stop signs anymore. :D

Scoffin said:
I unclipped my left shoe, went to step down, and my darn clip went right back in place. Needless to say, I tipped right over. Just as a car was turning down the hill I had just rode up.

Lesson learned, I'm not stopping at stop signs anymore. :D
Well... when I bought my clipless pedal, everyone said that they are hard to get used to and you'll crash a bunch of times in the first few weeks, etc... I bought them August of last year and rode all fall, all winter on the trainer, and all spring without ever having any difficulty. I stop at all the stop signs, etc... Then I go out one day this spring with my bf, and I fell, not once, but THREE TIMES because I couldn't get out of the pedals. Once was in a parking lot infront of a ton of people, and i just toppled over! I was so embarrassed! Non bikers don't understand clipless pedals. But three times!? Haven't had any issues since then though, so that's good at least!

p.s. you should still stop at stop signs! :p