haggling

E500 C.E.

Aug 28, 2004
Ok, I am finally about to get a bike. Im looking at the Felt F-60 2004 model. My LBS already has some 2005 models in. The guy said he would sell the '04 bike for its regular price, ($1,200) plus he would throw in $120 worth of accessories . Is this a good deal, or should i try my haggling skills to get more money off? What do you all think?

E500 C.E. said:
Ok, I am finally about to get a bike. Im looking at the Felt F-60 2004 model. My LBS already has some 2005 models in. The guy said he would sell the '04 bike for its regular price, ($1,200) plus he would throw in $120 worth of accessories . Is this a good deal, or should i try my haggling skills to get more money off? What do you all think?

I would definitely haggle because giving you $120 worth of accessories on a clearance bike is a pretty bad deal. I would be expecting a cash discount of 15-20 for buying last years goods.

mate, haggle. I got a giant ocr1 04 with full 105 and pedals for 1600 aussie dollars. it was nearly 500 dollars off only cos he had to get the 05 models in and no-one could take that frame size . Your LBS just doesn't want to take the gross profit loss on the chin and hopes that someone will buy it and cover their original costs when they purchased it. However now you are in the drivers seat. screw them down, tell them someone online has beaten their price by four hundred and if they can't beat it you'll go elsewhere. because if you do your homework you can usually find someone who will do exactly that. It comes down to this. Who wants your business the most. you should be able to tell straight away.