HAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHaha

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Gabe, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Gabe

    Gabe Guest

    OMG I haven't read this newsgroup in years and Mike Vandeman is still around?

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > OMG I haven't read this newsgroup in years and Mike Vandeman is still
    around?

    Welcome back, Gabe. Where have you been hiding this whole time????

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  3. Gabe

    Gabe Guest

    I've been using ISP's that don't have usenet access. :(

    Right now I'm trying out AOL 9 w/ their free trial. I might go w/ Earthlink afterwards, but will
    probably eventually settle for Netscape Online (which AOL is supposed to start early next year -
    $9.99/month...)

  4. Gabe wrote:
    > I've been using ISP's that don't have usenet access. :(
    >
    > Right now I'm trying out AOL 9 w/ their free trial. I might go w/ Earthlink afterwards, but will
    > probably eventually settle for Netscape Online (which AOL is supposed to start early next year -
    > $9.99/month...)

    Haven't you heard of free Newsservers. Your ISP has nothing to do with what Newsserver you use,
    except that sometimes it is convenient to use theirs. Mine is down a lot so I have an extra
    Newsserver connected just in case.

    Here is a free Newsserver in Berlin. That makes no difference. I know people in Australia that use
    it. http://news.individual.net/

    --
    Perre

  5. On 23 Nov 2003 17:52:28 GMT, [email protected] (Gabe) wrote:

    >I've been using ISP's that don't have usenet access. :(

    You've been using ISPs that don't offer access to the internet?

    How bizarre.

  6. "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've been using ISP's that don't have usenet access. :(
    >
    > Right now I'm trying out AOL 9 w/ their free trial. I might go w/
    Earthlink
    > afterwards, but will probably eventually settle for Netscape Online
    (which AOL
    > is supposed to start early next year - $9.99/month...)

    LMFAO! "Right now I'm trying out AOL 9 "

  7. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Anyone using earthlink? what do you guys use (Other than broadband, that
    is -
    > too expensive for my blood...) I've tried netzero and it's okay, too - but
    > may end up going local again. (I move frequently, so it's a pain to
    switch all
    > the time.) -GABE-

    I'm on Earthlink...never been unable to connect, always connect at 52.0, friendly-as-can-be-expected
    help. $20 bucks, though...Juno/Netzero is only
    10.

    If I weren't moving to a broadband-ready house (in a place where I can actually get broadband) I'd
    switch just for the $$.

    Also, Earthlink terminates connections right at the 24-hour mark. You can dial right up, but without
    fail I am disconnected at the 24 hour mark. Screwing up my Edonkey, they are.

    Chris

  8. On 24 Nov 2003 01:20:01 GMT, [email protected] (Gabe) wrote:

    >As for usenet access, unless I was using a local ISP, I have never
    been able to
    >find totally free access to usenet and I've been unwilling to pay for
    web-based
    >services, so it's great to hear that I have that option.

    Pay for web-based services?

    Does your ISP block access to Google?

    That's even crazier than your ISP blocking internet access.

  9. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > I imagine the person laughing at my use of AOL is the same type of person who sneers at people who
    > ride inexpensive mountain bikes which they didn't buy at a LBS.

    I think the analogy is closer to paying an LBS price for a walgoose (that is, if you actually
    *paid* for it!)

    If cash is so short you can't afford broadband, check out http://www.highstream.net - I have them as
    my "backup" and travel ISP. Good service and plenty of access numbers. But try to coin up for
    broadband - you'll be glad you did.

    And figure out how to use google groups for free.

  10. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Gabe) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've been using ISP's that don't have usenet access. :(

    Hmmmmm...even duhtv users can get access to Usenet via Google. What ISP doesn't allow access
    to Google?

    JD

  11. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > If cash is so short you can't afford broadband, check out http://www.highstream.net - I have them
    > as my "backup" and travel ISP.
    Good
    > service and plenty of access numbers. But try to coin up for broadband - you'll be glad you did.
    >
    > And figure out how to use google groups for free.

    P.S. - highstream provides a news server, no extra charge.

  12. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 24 Nov 2003 22:09:57 GMT, Gabe wrote:
    > Thanks guys, I think the problem was that I didn't know about google groups. I usually use yahoo
    > or about.com for my searches, and I am guessing that it didn't show up because google competes w/
    > those search engines. Also, it's been awhile since I searched for free usenet access.

    There's also a usenet server in Germany that will let anyone use it as long as you behave yourself.
    That's what I use. I forgot how you subscribe, but I'm sure its out there somewhere. Google is
    always about a day behind, so sometimes the thread is already dead before you see it.

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life that
    doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison Keillor

  13. "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've never experienced anti-aol snobbery first hand before, and I think
    it's
    > pretty lame. > -GABE-

    LMFAO! Lets here from satisfied AOL users....

    "I met all five of my ex husbands in AOL chatrooms. Thanks AOL!"

    "I can't tie my own shoes. But I can use AOL!"

    "It's so easy to pretend to be 13 and pick up 12 year old girls using AOL."

    "I have 24 hour a day access to all the kiddie porn and beastiality I want. Thanks AOL!"

    "Google? Usenet? What's that?"

  14. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    Bob Incognito murmured while asleep:
    > "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> I've never experienced anti-aol snobbery first hand before, and I think it's pretty lame.
    >> > -GABE-
    >

    > LMFAO! Lets here from satisfied AOL users....
    >
    > "I met all five of my ex husbands in AOL chatrooms. Thanks AOL!"
    >
    > "I can't tie my own shoes. But I can use AOL!"
    >
    > "It's so easy to pretend to be 13 and pick up 12 year old girls using AOL."
    >
    > "I have 24 hour a day access to all the kiddie porn and beastiality I want. Thanks AOL!"
    >
    > "Google? Usenet? What's that?"

    an appropriate place to post this link....

    http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html

  15. "Bob Incognito" <[email protected],i,uxm.org> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I've never experienced anti-aol snobbery first hand before, and I think
    > it's
    > > pretty lame. > -GABE-

    And remember, GABE, you came into this group with that ridiculous thread title
    (HAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHaha) and complaining about how your ISP wont let you access Usenet.
    LMFAO... Yet you call other people lame! LOL....Stick with AOL, GABE, you can do all your writing
    in CAPS with AOL!

    http://news.individual.net/
    --
    Perre

  17. "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Bob Incognito murmured while asleep:
    > > "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> I've never experienced anti-aol snobbery first hand before, and I think it's pretty lame. >
    > >> -GABE-
    > >

    > > LMFAO! Lets here from satisfied AOL users....
    > >
    > > "I met all five of my ex husbands in AOL chatrooms. Thanks AOL!"
    > >
    > > "I can't tie my own shoes. But I can use AOL!"
    > >
    > > "It's so easy to pretend to be 13 and pick up 12 year old girls using AOL."
    > >
    > > "I have 24 hour a day access to all the kiddie porn and beastiality I want. Thanks AOL!"
    > >
    > > "Google? Usenet? What's that?"
    >
    > an appropriate place to post this link....
    >
    > http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html

    Very clever!

  18. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Bob (incognito) says:
    >
    > >LMFHWAO! Lets here from satisfied AOL users....
    >
    > My name is Steve, and I'm an AOHell user.....
    >
    > Actually, it's fine, within it's limits. I've been a user (appropriate,
    no?)
    > for 10 years or so, and I'm too frikkin lazy to change.

    My only question is, do you forward jokes that are buried in 10 sets of "envelopes" to reach?!?
    Every single AOLer I know does that.

    Bill "they're otherwise decent people...mostly" S.