Hahn Airport in Germany

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Kwn, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. Kwn

    Kwn Guest

    Does anyone have any experience of flying with Ryanair into Hahn airport (Frankfurt) and riding
    south? Any suggestions on roads/routes?

    Tags:

  2. "KWN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any experience of flying with Ryanair into Hahn airport (Frankfurt) and riding
    > south? Any suggestions on roads/routes?

    I've done it three times.

    Depends on where you want to go. A Very good route is the Nahe Valley cycleroute. This goes all the
    way to Bingen at the head of the Rhine Gorge. You can also ride west to Trier to cycle the Moselle
    which is excellent. The spin to Trier is VERY hilly. There is a hotel in Hahn Airport which is fine.
    It has no dinner restaurant but half way to it there is a superb bar with excellent food, and
    there's a pizza restaurant nearby as well. email me if you want more details.

  3. Kwn

    Kwn Guest

    Thanks. Is the ride out of the airport easy? I am heading towards
    Heidelburg.
    "Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "KWN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Does anyone have any experience of flying with Ryanair into Hahn airport (Frankfurt) and riding
    > > south? Any suggestions on roads/routes?
    > >

    > I've done it three times.
    >
    > Depends on where you want to go. A Very good route is the Nahe Valley cycleroute. This goes all
    > the way to Bingen at the head of the Rhine Gorge. You can also ride west to Trier to cycle the
    > Moselle which is excellent. The spin to Trier is VERY hilly. There is a hotel in Hahn Airport
    > which is fine. It has no dinner
    restaurant
    > but half way to it there is a superb bar with excellent food, and there's
    > pizza restaurant nearby as well. email me if you want more details.

  4. Lutz Nestler

    Lutz Nestler Guest

    "KWN" schrieb: ^^^ Es wäre freundlich, wenn du hier deinen vollen Namen einsetzt.

    > Does anyone have any experience of flying with Ryanair into Hahn airport (Frankfurt) and riding
    > south? Any suggestions on roads/routes?

    Why do you open two threads for the some topic?

    --
    Mit freundlichem Gruß

    L.Nestler

  5. Kwn

    Kwn Guest

    "Lutz Nestler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Why do you open two threads for the some topic?

    My mistake. I was using 2 news clients and thought the first post did not go.

  6. Ride out of the Airport due South and you will eventually reach the Nahe Valley ride. I'll text you
    details later. This route which is very nice will reach Bingen. From Bingen you can follow the Rhine
    to Mannheim, and then the Neckar to Heidelberg.

    NOTE

    Heidelberg is a disappointing place. It is famous for being famous. I told this to a friend who was
    going to Germany, recently and he did not believe me. He now does.