Hail to the bus driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr R@T \ -Lsqco

Last night at around 22:45 I was riding back home, and came to a road with a sharp bend and
blind corners.

A Reading Transport night-bus was proceeding down this road in the opposite direction (which can
*just* about handle a bus turning down it, but the curve of the bend makes it *very* tight).

I got ready to take evasive action so I didn't end up in a dodgy part of the gutter...

At this point, the bus driver then *put on the brakes* and *let me through!*

Unfortunately, as I was too busy now looking *behind* the bus in case some cagers had decided to try
and nip into the space the bus-driver had given me, I was unable to get the bus index number or
fleet number (painted on the side of a bus and usually the numerical part of the index plate) - I
was so amazed by this I wanted to tell both Reading Transport and Thames Valley Police so the driver
could receive appropriate praise!

Alex

Courtesy is nice.

Did you contact the bus company concerned after all?

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

In news:[email protected], wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
<[email protected]> typed:
> Courtesy is nice.
>
> Did you contact the bus company concerned after all?
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

I may (if I get the time) call or send a letter during the week (perhaps copied to the local press).
Unfortunately the bus company does not have its customer contact channels available at weekends
(apart from timetable enquiries which are outsourced), and e-mails to the company are apparently
routinely ignored.

/Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.