Hain urges cyclist deaths report

> It does pose the question "How do I learn about something I don't know
> exists?" if you follow my meaning. I learnt about it completely by
> chance some years after I started driving. I can't find it mentioned
> in the highway code ( Just done a quick check) so how does the
> average motorist find out about ?

For most of them it'll be during their driving lessons. At least, I was
taught it so I didn't get a minor doing the emergency stop.

> JBB wrote:
>>
>> It does pose the question "How do I learn about something I don't know
>> exists?" if you follow my meaning. I learnt about it completely by chance
>> some years after I started driving. I can't find it mentioned in the
>> highway code ( Just done a quick check) so how does the average motorist
>> find out about ?
>>

> By realising that the Driving Test is the start of developing your driving
> skills, not the end. There are plenty of books, courses etc providing
> advanced driving skills training. And if you rely on having read the
> Highway Code as sufficient to control your first skid, then you are going
> to come a cropper.
>
> --
> Tony
>
> "The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
> right."
> - Lord Hailsham

No problem with that; like a lot of people I have done some further training
and cosider it to have been time well spent - however the problem is surely
one of getting Mr Average to realise he has to keep learning; including
stuff not covered in his driving instruction or the Highway Code.

Julia